Life on Earth
Served by their slaves, the Shoggoths, huge tentacled lumps or blobs (later known as Tekeli-li), the Old Ones built a gigantic city in what was known during the Hyborian Age as the Mountains of Madness, in Leng.
Those Old Ones seemingly lost of their skill at the time they built a second city nearby.
Eventually, the Shoggoths killed their masters.
When Conan, Bêlit and the Black Corsairs were in hiding from Ghomli, on the isle with local princess Ta-No, they were captured by Ta-No's tribesmen, and discovered during their brief time there carvings, as well as a perfectly conserved specimen. They were then attacked by a live Shoggoth, but managed to wound or kill it and flee out.
Cultural Traits: The Old Ones carved their history onto the walls of their buildings.
- Those beings are originated from the story At the Mountains of Madness (written in 1931 and published in 1936) of H.P. Lovecraft (whose concepts are credited at the beginning of the issue). They are also known as "Elder Things" and "Elder Ones").
- Discuss Star-Headed Old Ones on the forums
- Appearances of Star-Headed Old Ones
- Minor Appearances of Star-Headed Old Ones
- Media Star-Headed Old Ones was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Star-Headed Old Ones
- Images of Star-Headed Old Ones