Steve Rogers was the first test subject of the Rebirth Chamber, an American machine intended to turn ordinary men into 'Super Soldiers'. Initially, the experiment seemed successful. Rogers was granted super strength, speed, and agility and transformed into Captain America, the leader of the Allied assault on the Germans in World War II.
On one mission, Rogers was teamed up with a soldier from Canadian Special Ops named Logan, and they liberated a POW camp in Poland. Rogers himself rescued a young Erik Lehnsherr. Rogers and Logan became close friends.
Soon after, it was discovered that the Rebirth project had an adverse effect on Cap's system and it was slowly killing him. Fearing that those in power may force the procedure onto others, Captain America and Logan destroyed the lab and the chamber so no one else would suffer as he had. Rogers was then placed into cryogenic suspension and his body kept by S.H.I.E.L.D., so that he could be awakened when a cure to his condition was found.
Project Rebirth made his brain deteriorate.
- Captain America is the only non-mutant superhero to appear in X-Men: Evolution.
- David Hayter voices Captain America.
- 1 Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-11052)
- Minor Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-11052)
- Media Steven Rogers (Earth-11052) was Mentioned in
- 9 Images featuring Steven Rogers (Earth-11052)
- Quotations by or about Steven Rogers (Earth-11052)
- Character Gallery: Steven Rogers (Earth-11052)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|