- —Captain America[src]
- 1 History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Paraphernalia
- 5 Notes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 See Also
- 8 Links and References
Steve had a close relationship with his father as they would often go fishing together, he passed away before Steve could enlist for the upcoming war.
World War II
When the breakout of WWII began, wanting to fight for his country, he went to enlist himself to the Army in June 14, 1943, which is where he met a time displace Black Widow, Hawkeye and Falcon. While finding them suspicious at first, Hawkeye convinces him they are allies of Stark. Steve assists the three (unaware they trying to get back to the future), uses a trash lid like a Frisbee to stop incoming solders but in the process knocks him out as well, which is when Hawkeye took the photo his dad from his wallet. He wakes up confused to find a time portal and he sees the future man he will one day become, salutes him and vice versa. He's later seen knocking out Heinrich Zemo (who was sent back to his time through a portal) with the trash lid and calls the guards.
After officially joining the U.S. Army, Steve would later receive the Super-Soldier Serum created by Professor Erskine, which enhanced him to the peak of human potential. With his new found abilities, Steve took up the name Captain America and finally joined the war to fight against enemies like Hydra. At one point, Steve with assistance of Howard Stark helped King T'Chaka defend his Wakandan nation from Hydra forces led by their scientist; Heinrich Zemo. Out of gratitude, the king offered them Vibranium that Howard would use to create a new shield for Captain America.
Steve and his closest friend Bucky had partnered with the teams such as the Howling Commandos and the Invaders. On one of their missions Cap and Bucky chased Baron Zemo into Hydra castle, by passing his traps and his elite Hydra soldiers. During the fight, the Baron tasered Bucky unconscious and took him to his secret lab while Captain America chased after them to save his friend. At a different point in time, the States and Dracula became "uneasy allies" when Hydra invaded Transylvania, thus Captain America made an unlikely team up with Dracula and the Vampire nation in a "enemy of my enemy" scenario.
After a career of fighting the Nazis, during his time with the Army, Steve began a romantic relationship with British operative Peggy Carter and even promised her a dance, but he was frozen in the Arctic after a battle with the Red Skull and the whole world believed both he and Bucky had seemingly died.
At some point he had not only discovered that Bucky was still alive but also turned be a brainwashed sleeper agent of Hydra by Red Skull, Cap attempted to help Bucky regain his memories of who he really is. While this may have worked however, Bucky was horrified by the monster he had become and ultimately went rouge, this became the Captains greatest regret for being unable to save his old partner in time.
Not a Toy
Spider-Man and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Trainees have a friendly training session with Captain America on board the Helicarrier. He shows the young heroes how to fight, and tells them that training and skill can beat any opponent with enough practice. When Agent Coulson comes in to speak with Cap wearing a Captain America T-shirt, he is revealed to be his biggest fan and was shocked when he knew his name. He leaves his shield for the team to look at stating that "It is not a Toy". While handling Captain America's shield, Spider-Man accidentally throws it out of the window, he jumps after as it hurtles thought the city, taking out the Trapster on the way. The shield lands in the Latverian Embassy, where it is found by Doctor Doom. Spider-Man is met by Captain America who decide to try and sneak into the embassy and retrieve the shield before Doctor Doom has a chance to exploit it for his own nefarious purposes. They have to fight past lasers and a horde of Doombots, even a pack of Doom Dogs.
While in the Embassy, they learn that Doom had plans to attack various targets across the United States. Cap, using Doom's computers, deactivates the Doombots and go after Doom who is escaping in a craft on the roof. They are attacked by another pack of Doom Dogs and missiles. After a short battle, they web on to Doom's craft and smash through the screen, but Cap is hit by his own shield. They land in Central Park and Doom blasts the two heroes but they dodge his attack. No longer on Latverian soil he is forced to return the Shield as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent escort him away. On the Helicarrier, Coulson scolds Spider-Man for losing the shield. But when Cap asks Coulson to pass him the shield, he knocks it out the Helicarrier and Spider-Man chases after it again.
The Avengers Protocol
After Captain America is vaporized by the Red Skull, Iron Man activates "The Avengers Protocol," calling the team through a hologram device to a meeting. The heroes selected by Stark are Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk, Black Widow, and a S.H.I.E.L.D. trainee named Sam Wilson. As The Avengers fly to the Hydra Base, in Antarctica, they learn that Captain America is still alive, and was only unreported by M.O.D.O.C. since he intended to force him to undergo a body change with his mortal nemesis the Skull. What ensues is a massive battle that ends up rescuing Captain America. After his defeat, the Skull realizes where the true power resides in the Avengers team and orders M.O.D.O.C. to attack and strip Tony of his Arc Reactor and armor. Now clad in his armor, he calls himself the "Iron-Skull". As Tony lies there dying, Tony asks Captain America for help.
The team find the Quinjet blown to pieces. The only option is for them to all squeeze into the S.H.I.E.L.D. flying car. They rush him back to the Avengers mansion where Falcon hooks Tony up to machinery to restart his heart. M.O.D.O.C. use special nanobots with the ability to manipulate the Avengers to turn on each other. During the sparring session, the nanobots attack and infect them. They all battle each other, with only Tony left uninfected. He cures his allies using a concentrated EMP. They find the Skull, who was trying to steal Tony's tech, but he is stopped, still having time to teleport away. It is then that Tony discovers the Mansion's reactor was about to blow. The team must work together to stop the explosion. They create a vortex shooting the explosive energy into the sky. The team now move to Stark Tower where they set up home as now a official team. 
Ghost of a Chance
The Avengers battle Space Phantoms, extra-dimensional beings who can replicate them right down to cellular level. The creatures replace them one by trapping them in Limbo. But thanks to Falcon, he is able to save the team and working together, they take down the alien invaders.
The Serpent of Doom
The Avengers battle Doctor Doom as he uses the Asgardian weapon Codgel to release the Midgard Serpent with hopes of using it to conquer the globe. The creature is too powerful, and would continue to grow until it consumes the Earth. After a battle with the Avengers, he and the creature are banished to the Realm Below using the extra-dimensional portal used by Ulik. 
The Avengers battle Dracula, who had kidnapped Black Widow and turned her into a Vampire. They travel to Transylvania and confront him at Castle Dracula. He reveals that he was an ally of Captain America during World War II, working together to defeat the invading Hydra forces. He wants the Super-Soldier Serum in Cap's blood, which will allow him and his subject the ability to go out in the sunlight. During the fight, he drinks the Hulk's blood, absorbing his powers and turning the Hulk into a Vampire. However the Hulk's gamma cells act like tiny suns, and he burns away the infection, which also weakens Dracula. In his defeat, his minions drag him underground to safety. 
Tony shows Steve a computerized video that shows that Steve's current equipment proves little against enemies like Tony himself. Though he is even offered some Iron Man armor, Steve claims that he only needs human ingenuity to win a fight, and he is not backing out due to being a man out of time. Meanwhile, Justin Hammer, Tony's business rival and a member of Cabal, tries to prove his worth to Red Skull, M.O.D.O.K., and the rest of Cabal by building a machine that could take on the Avengers - the Super-Adaptoid. He directly challenged the entire Avengers, and Tony accepts out of irritation.
Hammer's robot was able to copy the abilities and fighting styles of the different Avengers, but proves to be no match for the Avengers and easily gets defeated. Determined to get revenge, Hammer rebuilds it and surprise-attacks the Avengers. By mimicking each members abilities, it was able to defeat each member one by one until only Cap remains. Cap uses the "Avengejet", a space-plane on top of Avengers Tower that launches into space with the press of a button, and they both go into subspace. The robot continues to fight even in this awkward environment, but it proves worthless against Captain America's human ingenuity and is destroyed. Tony then realizes the importance of sheer gut, and tries to get info from Cap about it (using a notepad to take notes). 
Steve Rogers is honorable, courageous, righteous, hopeful, trusting, and respectful.
Powers and Abilities
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: The Super-Soldier Serum enhanced Steve Rogers to the pinnacle of human physical condition.
- Enhanced Intelligence: Rogers' mind was enhanced to operate quickly and efficiently. This enables him to be highly intelligent in multiple fields, including leadership, battle strategy, piloting and linguistics. The genius Arnim Zola noted Rogers for his wisdom. The scientific genius Spider-Man described Rogers as smart. Using his intuition, he figured out the Super-Adaptoid was learning the Avengers' moves, instead of scanning for weaknesses. With his ingenuity, he has memorized his teammates' techniques and weaknesses, e.g. he knew Thor tends to lower his guard on his left side and Falcon flares his wings whenever he is thrown for a loop. He also knew that 90% of the time he dodges right when he throws his shield, but never in front of a window. While he is not as technologically inclined as some of the other Avengers or capable of understanding complicated mathematics, he never misses an issue of Futura and makes an effort to understand machines, such as the Super-Adaptoid's undifferentiated micro-clusters, which can be repurposed in response to new programming. He also impressed Stark when he learned how to use a Starkpad. He retained his reasoning when he was temporarily infected by a gamma-infused virus. When he and Stark infiltrated the Cabal as Crossbones and the Grim Reaper, the Iron Skull noted that they asked sophisticated questions. He possesses sufficient medical knowledge to diagnose the Hulk with retrograde amnesia, and reading files is his hobby. He was able to talk down the Hulk after the Cosmic Skull turned him into a mindless beast. He also knew the structural weaknesses of giant robots and intuitively used Stark's armor when M.O.D.O.K. put his mind in his body. He further demonstrated his proficiency with computers and understood how Ultron functioned. He also understood how Kang's portal generator worked.
- Enhanced Strength: Rogers' physical strength is beyond what any normal human should be capable of, being able to punch a heavy bag off its chain and cause it to spill sand and he is sometimes seen catching falling debris with his shield. In 1944, he was able to cut through a tank with his shield. With the swing of his shield, he sent Iron Man flying back. He can also throw his shield with immense force, sufficient to topple a towering Sentinel and a venomized creature, as well as send Nova flying into a building. He also damaged Doctor Doom's mechanical dogs and contended with Carnage and Anti-Venom. He used his shield to knock out one of Dracula's fangs and threw it to cut off one of the Super-Adaptoid's arms. He threw his shield to knock Hyperion away, and he hit him several yards away. He also pulled Hawkeye out of a slimey substance with one arm and used his shield to decapitate the Super-Adaptoid. He has contended with other strong species, including Atlanteans and trolls. He was even stronger when he was temporarily infected by a gamma-infused virus. He knocked down Attuma by throwing his shield. He also broke the Trident of Neptune in half over his knee. With his shield, he was able to cut through a giant parasite's tentacles. He punched Skull across the ground. In the Savage Land, he body-slammed a triceratops, forced a tyrannosaurus rex to slam its head into the ground, and wrestled with raptors. He is also strong enough to carry the heavily-armored Doom and break Attuma's sword with his shield. He can also destroy Stark's robots. He made Thanos stagger with his hits. He threw his shield at a pterodactyl with enough force to make it drop Hawkeye. He can carry Stark in his armor. He was also able to carry two people at once and push over a water tower. He helped Iron Man and Thor restrain Thanos. He was able to throw Iron man with one hand and throw his motorcycle over a truck. He also dented a street lamp by throwing his shield at it. He pulled down a giant stimuloid by its restraints. He was strong enough to contend with Gorgon. He contended with Galen-Kor's Kree strength.
- Enhanced Durability: Rogers is very resilient to injury and impact force. In 1944, he survived a close-range HYDRA grenade. He has taken hits from Dracula. He can also withstand jumps from high surfaces and being sent through solid walls. Rogers is also resilient to cold temperatures. He survived touching the Power Stone, a mystical object which has immeasurable power, although he could not handle the energy for long. He survived being shot point-blank with a laser by the Winter Soldier. He also survived being stepped on by a tyrannosaurus rex and being punched by Thanos. He later survived a blast from Skull's mystic staff.
- Enhanced Speed: Rogers can run at extremely quick speeds, being fast enough to outrun Iron Man's missiles. In 1944, he tackled Bucky before a trap could fall on him. While carrying Doom, he ran from the streets to Avengers tower in under two minutes.
- Enhanced Agility: Rogers is capable of amazing acrobatic feats with the greatest of ease. His agility is greatly enhanced, as he can run on walls. He was able to backflip out of the grip of two Atlanteans. He slid under a truck while evading Ultron's duplicate of himself and under Black Widow's duplicate. He jumped over a car thrown at him by Gorgon. He used gymnastics to avoid Wakandan traps.
- Enhanced Stamina: Rogers has a high level of stamina. He can last longer than humans without oxygen.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Rogers also has great reflexes. He threw his shield to intercept a repulsor blast from the Iron Skull. He also caught a phantom copy of his shield, and caught Iron Man's remote. He has blocked and deflected many attacks with his shield, including energy blasts from Doctor Doom, Iron Man and the Super-Adaptoid (from the front and the back with the latter), Hyperion's eye beams, blasts from the Destroyer, Thunderball's ball and chain, Skull's repulsors and Dracula's sword, M.O.D.O.K.'s repulsors and Attuma's sword, HYDRA lasers and drone lasers, Star-Lord's gun, Ultron's blasts, blasts from Skull's mystic staff, Doctor Spectrum's blasts, the new Adaptoid's blasts, and arrows from Ultron's duplicate of Hawkeye. He retained his reflexes when he was temporarily infected by a gamma-infused virus, as he was able to stop Iron Man from blasting Black Widow. He dodged a repulsor blast from the Iron Skull at point-blank range and caught his shield moving at high speeds. In the Savage Land, he tackled Falcon before a triceratops could run him over. He caught Black Widow when she fell. He keeps his reflexes sharp with training sessions, which involve many metal spheres flying at him for him to avoid, block or deflect. He intercepted a HYDRA blast with his shield to protect Falcon. He dodged Falcon's flechettes and tackled Stark before a subway could hit him. He was able to block Zemo's blade and his blasts and Beetle's missiles. He blocked more of Zemo's blasts and caught Megan before she fell off stage.
- Enhanced Senses: Rogers saw Nighthawk with a rocket launcher, despite the latter standing high up on a building while it was dark outside. Rogers is grounded enough to always see reality; he saw through the hallucinations of Thanos using the reality stone.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Rogers heals at an accelerated rate compared to humans, which allowed him to survive being frozen in ice for decades. The Super-Soldier Serum coursing through his veins can cure Dracula of his weakness to sunlight. Dracula described him as having "superior blood." He was seemingly unfazed by poisonous gas.
- Longevity: Rogers was initially unaffected when Thanos aged him with the Time Stone.
- Power Prism: Roger had complete control of Doctor Spectrum's Power Prism with Ant-Man's inhibitor and his will. He used the Prism to turn the Earth's sun from yellow to blue to weaken Hyperion, and transport the Avengers.
- Master Martial Artist: Rogers is a master hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist. He was able to take on Spider-Man, Power Man, Iron Fist, White Tiger, and Nova simultaneously and defeat them all in a short span of time. As noted by Iron Fist, his fighting style includes (but is not limited to) jujitsu, kung fu, and krav maga. Rogers is also a master of throwing and fighting with his iconic shield, even when he is mid-air. Fury described Captain America as a seasoned professional and his "top guy," solidified by Spider-Man stating that he and Wolverine have nearly two centuries of combined experience. As such, Rogers was able to easily dispatch S.H.I.E.L.D. LMDs (slicing one in half with his shield) and even stalemate Wolverine in a duel. When sparring with Falcon, he gave the latter combat advice. The Grandmaster admitted that Rogers was one of his best fighters, as he fought against Absorbing Man and Titus without his shield during the Contest of Champions. Rogers has also fought against Crossbones. When fighting the Super-Adaptoid, the latter could not hit him, as Rogers spars with his teammates every day. He has also defeated Batroc the Leaper and fought against Atlantean warriors and trolls. He later effortlessly defeated many vampires and Atlanteans. Skull had to resort to his repulsors during one of their fights. Doom asked for him to be his bodyguard when the Cabal was hunting him. He went through an army of A.I.M. agents unarmed. He later single-handedly took down a room of HYDRA agents and fought against the Winter Soldier, who he had trained and eventually become a living weapon. He can fight effectively underwater. He later fought against an Ultron duplicate ("Ultimate" version) of himself. Under Zemo's control, he fought against Iron Man and Black Widow. He also fought against Gorgon. He defeated Kang in hand-to-hand combat, as well as Crossbones, but he was stalemated by Black Panther.
- Shield Mastery: Captain America is a master at wielding his circular shield, and he has stated it is like an extension of his arm. In 1944, he rolled it across the floor to hold a door open. He can throw it with accuracy and force, enough to make it deflect off multiple surfaces. He can also throw two shields at once. His accuracy was demonstrated when he threw his shield at Hyperion, who was high in the sky at the time, and threw it at the Super-Adaptoid's head. He can also hit several opponents at once by throwing his shield. He accurately threw his shield at M.O.D.O.K.'s forehead. He made his shield repeatedly ricochet between the Hulk and the Thing's faces. He accurately deflected Hyperion's eye beams back into the latter's eyes with his shield. Even when his shield was broken by the Cosmic Skull, he could use it effectively in battle. Rogers can also throw his shield underwater. He impressed Stark by throwing his shield at the ground to make it bounce and hit a flying sky-cycle. He rolled his shield on the ground to make an object bounce away, and also used Red Guardian's shield. He can also punch the inside of his shield against his enemies. He used the inside of the shield to bounce Screaming Mimi's sonic scream back at her. Rogers threw his shield into the ground as Kang reached for his portal generator so his hand would hit the shield. He ricocheted his shield through a falling hoop faster than one of Hawkeye's arrows and Black Widow's stinger. He threw his shield to disarm Crossbones of his weapon and it deflected into the back of his head.
- Master Tactician: Rogers is a master battle strategist and the former leader of the Avengers, with Thor stating he is a superior planner. Wolverine stated that he is the only man he knows who smells like authority. Rogers' history with and knowledge of vampires enabled him to prepare against them. He made the Super-Adaptoid think he was chasing him, while he was actually trapping him in the Aven-jet. He also intentionally let the machine catch his shield, because he planted an explosive on the inside. He can adapt to unique circumstances, such as having Thor create a wind funnel to have the Avenjet fly through for faster travel, or no gravity as seen during the Contest of Champions. When Hulk was taken over by Carnage, he instructed Spider-Man to anger him further, thus releasing gamma energy to burn off the symbiote, as well as to set his communications device as a repeating beacon to summon other heroes. When causing Hulk to burn off the symbiote failed, he told Spider-Man to use his Taser webs instead. He came up with a plan to infiltrate the Cabal. He also knows how to play chess, and anticipated Doom's trickery. He had prepared a strategy specifically to deal with Galactus' return. When he was right about one of Stark's plans, he was temporarily put in charge of the Avengers; under his leadership, the battle against A.I.M. went smoothly. He is familiar with HYDRA attack patterns and knows when they are not normal. He dented a street lamp so people trapped on top of a bus could use it to climb down.
- Master Acrobat: Rogers is an incredible gymnast and seamlessly incorporates acrobatics into his fighting style. He teaches a course on advanced agility at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy. He used his shield to slide down the edge of a building.
- Expert Marksman: Rogers can throw his shield with precision, and he is skilled in using firearms and silver-plated strike discs. During World War II, he fired a machine gun at HYDRA agents while skiing backwards down a mountain. In 1944, he used his shield to accurately deflect lasers back into themselves. He can also throw bolas, he is a skilled archer, and he can use Iron Man's repulsor gauntlets and the Aven-jet's weapon systems. He used a blaster against Thanos. He also accurately deflected an arrow into the back of Hawkeye's duplicate. He can use a rocket launcher. When he fought HYDRA in Barcelona, he took out two of their snipers behind Captain Marvel; he said his aim cannot get any better. He also used kree weapons systems.
- Expert Pilot: Rogers can fly a plane and a sky-cycle.
- Expert Rider: Rogers knows how to ride a horse because he spent a month training with the cavalry.
- Artist: Rogers is a skilled painter.
- Multilingualism: Rogers speaks his native English and can read and understand Latverian. He can also understand German and use Morse code.
- Indomitable Will: Rogers is a man who accomplishes miracles through sheer will alone. He was able to overcome his emotions of guilt and fear when they were exploited by Doctor Spectrum. He also used his will combined with Ant-Man's inhibitor to have complete control of the Power Prism. He was able to break free of Zemo's mind control. He surprised Black Panther with his courage and spirit.
Falcon designed a high-frequency grenade that would resonate with the vibranium in Rogers' shield, which would knock him out and swallow him in a bubble of vibrational energy; his instinctive reflexes could also be exploited against him. Doctor Spectrum exploited Rogers' emotions of guilt and fear. Rogers is also vulnerable to regressive hypnosis and Klaue's sonic weaponry.
- Field Uniform: During WWI, Rogers wore an army uniform similar to his MCU counterpart, presumably it was similarly designed by Howard Stark and has all the same functions of being made with carbon polymer, a bullet and knife resistant fabric.
- Classic Uniform: At some point, Captain America wore the classic outfit with the wings on the cowl.
- EMH Uniform:
- First Avengers Uniform:
- Stealth Uniform: For a while after quitting the Avengers, Cap joined S.H.E.I.L.D. and was fashioned his own uniform better suited for stealth.
- Second Avengers Uniform:
- Third Avengers Uniform: Cap's current uniform designed by Tony Stark after using his tech to remodel over his Second Avengers Uniform on Battleworld.
- Voiced by Roger Craig Smith
- In Great Power when Peter was talking about Thundra he mentioned the Avengers and Cap was in his first suit with wing on the mask.
- Captain America appears in Spider-Man's imagination throughout his series, Ultimate Spider-Man. 
- According to the news tickers, Captain America's biography hits the bookshelves. 
- Juggernaut's and Captain America's images and powers are used by a Life Model Decoy during a training session against the S.H.I.E.L.D. Trainees.
- Rogers' favorite flavor of ice cream is butter pecan.
- 130 appearance(s) of Steven Rogers (Earth-12041)
- 3 minor appearance(s) of Steven Rogers (Earth-12041)
- 9 mention(s) of Steven Rogers (Earth-12041)
- 71 image(s) of Steven Rogers (Earth-12041)
- 16 quotation(s) by or about Steven Rogers (Earth-12041)