Steve Rogers was a weak and frail man who was excluded from the draft because of his polio. He volunteered for a government experiment and was given a formula created by Dr. Vaselli which successfully transformed him into a Super-Soldier at the peak of human development, but before any more Super-Soldiers could be created Dr. Vaselli was murdered by a Nazi spy and the secrets of the process were lost. In Italy the Red Skull was planning to launch a missile at the White House. Steve Rogers, now known as Captain America, was sent in to defeat the Red Skull and stop the missile launch.
Captain America entered the launch compound, but after an initial fight the Red Skull defeated him and then tied him to the missile. Captain America was able to grab a hold of the Red Skull, forcing him to cut off his own hand to avoid being launched. While the missile was over Washington, D.C., a young boy named Thomas Kimball, who would grow up to be the President, took a photograph as Captain America forced the missile to change course and land somewhere in Alaska, where he remained frozen until 1990.
Artificially Enhanced Physiology:' Rogers was transformed from a normal man into a Super-Soldier, granting him enhanced strength, and enhanced healing.
- Enhanced Strength: Rogers is stronger than ordinary humans, he has been seen to break restrain steel cuffs.
- Enhanced Healing: Rogers was able to heal faster than normal humans. He healed from multiple gunshot wounds faster than ordinary humans.
Average Combat Fighter: Captain America was able to hold his own against Red Skull, if not defeat him.
- 1 Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-697064)
- Minor Appearances of Steven Rogers (Earth-697064)
- Media Steven Rogers (Earth-697064) was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Steven Rogers (Earth-697064)
- Quotations by or about Steven Rogers (Earth-697064)
- Character Gallery: Steven Rogers (Earth-697064)
- Captain America on The Wiki
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|