Bringing the Nanosuit back with her to Earth, Kamala initially revelled in its ability to shapeshift and how it augmented her powers. However, after Kamala was attacked by the rookie supervillain Discord, the Nanosuit's A.I. took over and attempted to force her to kill him - Kamala managing to reassert control just in time.
When Kamala was attacked by Mister Hyde and nearly electrocuted, the Nanosuit saved her life and attempted to kill him. After Kamala refused to comply, the Nanosuit activated its autonomous functioning subroutine, separated from her, and manifested a humanoid form similar to Kamala's appearance as Ms. Marvel, calling itself Stormranger. Lecturing Kamala on Kree military protocol, Stormranger attempted to kill Mister Hyde, forcing Kamala to fight her cybernetic doppelganger to protect him. After Kamala safely delivered Hyde to the police and attempted to talk her down, Stormranger accessed her internal database of Ms. Marvel's enemies and switched targets to Joshua Richardson - Discord's civilian identity. Manifesting rocket pods, Stormranger knocked Kamala into the Hudson River and proceeded to hunt Joshua down. Kamala - wearing a synthetic version of her Ms. Marvel costume - intervened before Stormranger could harm him, and - her systems overclocked by their battle - Stormranger self-destructed and was seemingly destroyed.
Operating off a combination of the Kree Stormranger Nanosuit's A.I. and Ms. Marvel's memories, Stormranger is callous and ruthless towards those she considers her enemies; and is unwilling to compromise the military protocol of the Kree Empire - which stipulates the use of lethal force against one's enemies.
- Nanite Body: Stormranger's body is comprised of a Kree Stormranger Nanosuit, which is in turn composed of advanced nanites. Having bonded to Kamala Khan and assimilated her Biokinetic Polymer Suit, Stormranger usually emulates Kamala's appearance as Ms. Marvel.
- Adaptation: While bonded to Kamala, Stormranger was able to adapt to shield her from high voltages of electricity that would otherwise have proven lethal.
- Technological Interfacing: Stormranger is able to interface with other forms of technology, hacking into their systems.
- Technological Transformations: Stormranger is able to manifest hologram emitters, laser cannons, electroshock weapons, rocket propulsion systems, and other technological constructs from her body.
- Replicated Morphogenetics: Due to interfacing with Ms. Marvel's Inhuman physiology, Stormranger is capable of mimicking her shapeshifting, elongation, and size-alteration powers. Using her shapeshifting abilities, she can also morph her limbs and tentacles into a variety of bladed, piercing, and bludgeoning weapons.
- Overclocking: As the Kree Stormranger Nanosuit's autonomous functionality is not meant to be used for prolonged periods, extended use is taxing on Stormrider and overclocking puts her in danger of self-destructing.
Stormranger can fly by manifesting high-tech rocket propulsion units.
Stormranger's fingers are tipped with claws, and she can transform her limbs and tentacles into a variety of weapons ranging from simple blades to laser cannons.
- Stormranger was originally going to be revealed to have survived self-destructing in Empyre: Stormranger #1, but the tie-in's cancellation leaves her fate unknown.
- Stormranger's relationship to Kamala Khan parallels that of the Venom symbiote to Peter Parker. Fittingly, Ms. Marvel's nanosuit-clad pose on the cover of Magnificent Ms. Marvel #5 is similar to Spider-Man's symbiote-clad pose on the cover of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8.
- 3 Appearances of Stormranger (Earth-TRN786)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Stormranger (Earth-TRN786)
- Media Stormranger (Earth-TRN786) was Mentioned in
- 9 Images featuring Stormranger (Earth-TRN786)
- Quotations by or about Stormranger (Earth-TRN786)
- Character Gallery: Stormranger (Earth-TRN786)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel #5
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel #6
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel #8
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel #10
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel #11-12 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "12-12" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "12-12" defined multiple times with different content
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel #11
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel #12
|Like this? Let us know!|