Appearing in "The Sub-Mariner Must Be Stopped!"
- Atlanteans (Recap)
- United States Of America
- Atlantic Ocean
- Atlantis (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Sub-Mariner Must Be Stopped!"
When two reporters show up at the Baxter Building to interview Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Girl, the jealous Thing and Torch scare them off. Hearing that Sub-Mariner has been spotted swimming close to shore, the two believe that this is the perfect opportunity to get some much needed publicity.
Tracking down the Sub-Mariner, the two hot-heads battle Namor to the point where the furious monarch leaves. Reed and Susan show up to scold the two of them for attacking Namor on their own because Reed was planning to meet with Namor and make peace. To add to the calamity, the two reporters they chased off earlier in the day wanted to interview Susan and Reed in order to write a surprise article about Ben & Johnny.
Appearing in "Mordo Must Not Catch Me!"
- Oshtur (Invoked)
- Dormammu (Invoked)
- Cyttorak (Invoked)
- Munnoper (Invoked)
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Valtorr (Invoked)
- Hoggoth (Invoked)
- United States of America
- Tibet (Illusion)
- Kamar-Taj (Illusion)
- Atlantic Ocean
- Amulet of Agamotto
- Lesser Cloak of Levitation
- Orb of Agamotto
Synopsis for "Mordo Must Not Catch Me!"
Attacked by minions of Baron Mordo, Doctor Strange learns that the Ancient One is Mordo's prisoner in yet another plot to destroy Doctor Strange. Battling in their astral forms, Strange searches the world over, trying to find the Ancient One while simultaneously trying to prevent Mordo from capturing him. Finding the Ancient One in Aztec ruins, Doctor Strange confronts Mordo and defeats him in a mystic duel. After the fight, Doctor Strange frees the Ancient One.
The Sub-Mariner Must be Stopped!
- Mention is made of the Fantastic Four's last battle with the Sub-Mariner, that occurred in Fantastic Four Annual #1.
Mordo Must Not Catch Me!
- Doctor Strange incorrectly identifies the Orb of Agamotto as the "Eye of Agamotto", which is the amulet that Strange is given in Strange Tales #128. The Orb is properly named in Doctor Strange #171.
- Sequence I "The Sub-Mariner Must Be Stopped!" is Job # X-772
- Sequence II "Mordo Must Not Catch Me!" is Job # X-773
- Sequence III is a one page text piece "The Message". It is located between the first and second comic story. The text piece is to be "continued next issue" but does not appear in Strange Tales 126 or at any time in the future. It is apparently replaced by the recurring letter column: Strange Mails
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Strange Tales Vol 1 125 on the forums
- 6 Image(s) from Strange Tales Vol 1 125
- 13 Reprints of Strange Tales Vol 1 125
|Like this? Let us know!|