Appearing in "Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch"
- Spider-Man (Vision)
- Avengers (Vision)
- Daredevil (Vision)
- Fantastic Four (Vision)
- X-Men (Recap)
- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Photo)
- Yancy Street Gang (Mentioned)
- Quicksilver's Suit
- Scarlet Witch's Suit
- Magneto's Helmet (Recap)
- Captain America's Uniform (Vision)
- Iron Man Armor Model 2 (Vision)
- Giant-Man's Suit (Vision)
- Spider-Man's Suit (Vision)
- Daredevil's Suit (Vision)
- Fantastic Four Uniforms
- X-Uniforms (Recap)
- Cyclops' Visor (Recap)
Synopsis for "Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch"
Wanting to be free of Magneto's rule, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch decide they should seek the aid of heroes in the United States. Traveling to New York, the two go to seek the help of the Fantastic Four. Unfortunately, the Thing and Human Torch are the only ones home and they have just seen a news bulletin identifying the two mutants as members of Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. A fight soon breaks out that ends with both sides growing weary. Afterward, the two mutants decide that they're safest by Magneto's side, and the two Fantastic Four members allow them to leave.
Appearing in "The Demon's Disciple!"
- Demonicus (First appearance)
- Disciple of the Demon
- Seraphim (Invoked)
- Munnopor (Invoked)
- Cyttorak (Invoked)
- Hoggoth (Invoked)
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Raggador (Invoked)
- Agamotto (Invoked) (only by the narrator)
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
- Orb of Agamotto
Synopsis for "The Demon's Disciple!"
Doctor Strange is visited by a disciple of a mystic known as the Demon, but the Demon causes the man to disappear. Tracking the Demon to his lair, Doctor Strange is trapped in the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, until he travels out of his body and reads the Demon's spells to learn a way to free himself. Doctor Strange bests the Demon in mystic combat and casts a spell that makes the Demon renounce the mystic arts for the purposes of evil.
Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch
- Although this story states that Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are mutants, years later it is revealed that the twins are not actually mutants at all. As revealed in Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 #4 they were actually genetically modified by the High Evolutionary. In order to cover up his work, he made it so the pair would register as mutants.
- The pair owe their lives to Magneto, leader of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, because he once saved Wanda from an angry mob, as seen in X-Men #4.
- Johnny recalls both his experiences with members of the X-Men: When they were thralls of the Mad Thinker and the Puppet Master (Fantastic Four #28), and when he and Iceman battled Captain Barracuda (Strange Tales #120).
- Although Pietro and Wanda decide to go back to Magneto after this story, it proves to be disastrous, as seen in X-Men #11. So much so they eventually return to America and join the Avengers in Avengers #16.
The Dilemma of.. The Demon's Disciple!
- While the narrative states that Doctor Strange is returning from his battle with Dormammu from last issue, a number of stories that have been published in subsequent years have been cited as happening between those issues. Namely the flashback from Mortigan Goth: Immortalis #1 and Untold Tales of Spider-Man Annual #1997.
- Story contains a 1-page pin-up: Doctor Strange-Master of the Mystic Arts by Steve Ditko.
- Contains letters page: Strange Mails- Letters from Danny Harrison and "The Charades", Steve Perrin, Mike Passano, Bruce MacPherson, and Roy Cunningham
- Also contains "The Mighty Marvel Checklist" with "And a Bunch of Memos from the Ol' Bullpen"
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Strange Tales Vol 1 128 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Strange Tales Vol 1 128
- 15 Reprints of Strange Tales Vol 1 128
|Like this? Let us know!|