Appearing in "The Challenge of...The Watcher!"
- Fantastic Four
- King Arthur
- Knights of the Round Table
- Aunt Petunia (Mentioned)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
- Thor (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Challenge of...The Watcher!"
The Watcher appears before the Human Torch and Thing asking the two for help. Uatu explains that Kang the Conqueror had traveled back in time to Camelot and bested Merlin in battle and took control over the kingdom in a bid to conquer that era. Sending the two heroes back in time, the Thing battles Kang's army of knights with advanced weapons while the Torch breaks into the castle and frees Merlin. With Merlin free the two heroes easily crush Kang's army and force Kang to retreat to another era. In thanks, Uatu sends the two heroes back to their own time.
Appearing in "Earth Be My Battleground"
- Hamir the Hermit
- Eternity (Mentioned)
- Raggadorr (Invoked)
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Valtorr (Invoked)
- Seraphim (Invoked)
- Cyttorak (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
- Flames of Regency
- Dormammu's Enchanted Triangle
Synopsis for "Earth Be My Battleground"
Being shunted back to Earth's dimension following his battle with Shazana, Doctor Strange once more becomes a target of Baron Mordo who is still benefiting from an entire army of followers and having his mystical might bolstered by Dormammu's powers. However in the Dark Dimension Clea helps Doctor Strange gain the upper hand by unleashing the Mindless Ones in order to keep Dormammu busy long enough for Strange to bind Mordo and his minions in molecules. With Mordo defeated, Doctor Strange returns to the Ancient One and probes his master's mind to learn that the one entity that may be able to save him is known as Eternity. Meanwhile, having restored order to the Dark Dimension, Dormammu begins to wonder who caused the Mindless Ones to get out.
The Challenge of... The Watcher!
- The Watcher is forbidden to interfere in the actions of others due to a solemn vow of non-interference. This was due to the fact that the last time the Watchers got involved in the lives of other races it led to the Prosilican race annihilating itself, as seen in Tales of Suspense #53 and expanded upon in Original Sin #0.
- As revealed in the second story of Avengers Annual #22, the wizard seen here is not the real Merlyn but actually an impostor who went by the aliases Mad Merlin and the Maha Yogi.
- According to Avengers: Forever #9 this is a divergent version of Kang. That tale explains that while this Kang was active in Camelot, the true Kang was observing his foes the Avengers (As seen in Avengers #16). Eventually, the Prime Kang formed the Council of Kangs in Avengers #267 to eliminate all his alternate selves. Unknown to Kang at the time, his future self Immortus had the minds of every slain Kang transferred into a Psycho-Globe. Later all these memories were transferred into the mind of the Prime Kang in Avengers #269.
Earth Be My Battleground!
- The Ancient One's assistant Hamir is not identified by name until Strange Tales #141.
- Clea is also unnamed here, she is first identified by name in Strange Tales #146.
- Dormammu mentions the oath that he made to Doctor Strange the he would not attack the Earth. This pact was made in Strange Tales #127.
- This is the last issue of Strange Tales to feature a Human Torch/Thing Solo story, next issue the feature is replaced with Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- The narrator of the second story misspells "ectoplasmic" as "ecoplasmic"