Appearing in "Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD: The Man For the Job"
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (First appearance)
- Hydra (First appearance)
Races and Species:
- Hydra Uniforms (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD: The Man For the Job"
Col. Nick Fury reports to the Pentagon where he is mysteriously cloned. Full of questions, he is then escorted to the streets above where the clones have been positioned to protect Fury from hidden assassins. Shoved into a car, another attack is thwarted by various spy gadgets that the car is equipped with. He is told about SHIELD and that the attacks have come from HYDRA, where the agent responsible for the failed attacks on Fury is killed by Agent H, who replaces him. At SHIELD HQ, Fury is greeted by Tony Stark, who is in charge of the Special Weaponry Section and told that he has been chosen to lead SHIELD in their mission to destroy HYDRA. At first, Fury is reluctant, but after uncovering a bomb that had been rigged to blow up him and high-ranking officials, he quickly takes control and agrees to lead SHIELD.
Appearing in "Eternity Beckons!"
- Baron Mordo (Karl Mordo)
- Baron Mordo's Minions
- Mindless Ones (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Flames of Regency
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
Synopsis for "Eternity Beckons!"
Seeking information that could help him locate the entity known as Eternity, Doctor Strange travels to London, dealing with any of Mordo's minions sent to deal with him. While in the Dark Dimension Dormammu learns that it was Clea who had released the Mindless Ones during his previous attack on Doctor Strange. Visiting a mystic named Sir Baskerville, Baskerville tells Strange that he has knowledge of Eternity in some scrolls.
However Baskerville is really an agent of Baron Mordo and alerts his master, Mordo sends out one of his minions to do his bidding, channeling his mystical powers through him. However, Strange easily defeats Mordo's minion, knocks out Baskerville and fights off more of Mordo's astral minions before departing the castle. Mordo arrives shortly after to find that his opponent has escaped.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. and Nick Fury's origin story had been expanded and fully explained in Fury #1.
- Hydra's Agent H, Laura Brown, has changed codename into Agent G in Strange Tales #137.
Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD: The Man For the Job
Characters in this story also appear in other stories between this issue. The affected characters are:
- First issue of Strange Tales to feature a Nick Fury story, replacing the previous Human Torch feature that regularly appeared in this series. Nick Fury's stories would continue to share the Strange Tales title with Doctor Strange until the series splits into Doctor Strange with issue #169 and Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., with a new issue #1.
- This issue's cover has been homaged in Mighty Avengers #18.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Strange Tales Vol 1 135 on the forums
- Images from Strange Tales Vol 1 135
|Like this? Let us know!|