- We beat 'em hands down ... but, so what? All I got were nobodies! The big fish can strike again, any time!
Appearing in "Find Fury or Die!"
- Hydra-Hunter 14
- Imperial Hydra (Arnold Brown)
- Section Leader B
- New Section Leader B
- Unnamed Agents
Races and Species:
- Fury's throat-mike
- Fury's hypno-beam
- Hydra's portable X-Ray scanner
Synopsis for "Find Fury or Die!"
Nick Fury is on his way back to S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters when he realizes that Hydra has a tail on him and will assassinate him as soon as he reveals their headquarters. He calls into the barbershop to get them prepared and when he arrives, leaves a note that the next two patrons will be Hydra agents.
Back at Hydra base, a Hydra-Hunter sends the assassin squad into position and sends the two undercover agents inside. Fury captures them and hypnotizes them into believing they had succeeded in shooting him and that the barbershop isn't actually the headquarters but an old warehouse.
Over at the warehouse, Hydra assume they had discovered S.H.I.E.L.D's secret base. Fury lays a trap for Hydra and captures all the agents in various traps. Back at Hydra, the failed Hydra-Hunter is killed and replaced.
Appearing in "What Lurks Beneath the Mask?"
- Baron Mordo (Karl Mordo)
- Baron Mordo's Minions
- The Demon of the Mask (Only appearance)
- Rama Kaliph (First appearance)
- Abu Ben Hakim (Only appearance)
- Hamir the Hermit
- Strange's female acquaintance
- Eternity (Invoked)
- Seraphim (Invoked)
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Valtorr (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Flames of Regency
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
- Scroll of Eternity
Synopsis for "What Lurks Beneath the Mask?"
Dormammu captures Clea and takes her prisoner for her involvement in the release of the Mindless Ones during one of Dormammu's attempts at destroying Doctor Strange. While in the Earth dimension, Doctor Strange continues to seek out information about Eternity, while trying to hide from Mordo and his minions. However, with each mystic he visits Strange finds dead ends. Visiting the Aged Genghis, Doctor Strange is given a scroll that is supposed to bring him to Eternity.
However, it is the wrong one, and Strange finds himself in a world filled with masks and a being bound to a plaque. Unmasking him, it turns out to be a demon that tricks others into unmasking it so that it can in turn steal their bodies and imprison their spirits. Although Doctor Strange falls for this trap, he uses his mental control over his cloak of levitation to make his enemy to unmask and free him. Battling the demon, Doctor Strange easily overpowers him and then sets all his victims free before returning to his own dimension.
With all other avenues exhausted, Doctor Strange decides that the only way to learn of Eternity is to probe further into the Ancient One's mind, even at risk of his life.
Links and References
- Strange Tales #136 at the Grand Comics Database
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- One of the people that Strange consults with to see if they know about Eternity. She mentions, "You--who saved my life many years ago!" A caption directly underneath reads, "Remind us to tell you about it sometime --Stan and Steve." However, to the best of our knowledge, we have never been told this story.
|Like this? Let us know!|