- So, you're the guys who are going to take over the world, huh? I bet you can't take over a joker named Nick Fury!
- -- Nick Fury
Appearing in "Overkill!"
- SHIELD Missile Site
- Overkill Horn
- Rocket Pack Device
Synopsis for "Overkill!"
HYDRA allows Fury to land in Karnopolis safely, to lull SHIELD into a false sense of security. But Fury knows all pretense is off, as the ruins are deserted-- except for a squad of robots! Captured & stripped of his gadget-laden clothes, Fury faces the new Supreme Hydra, who tells him of his plans to use the Overkill Horn to detonate all stockpiles of nuclear weapons worldwide, while HYDRA waits in fallout shelters, to emerge as the new rulers of the planet. Meanwhile, Dugan, upset by Fury's order to launch an H-Missile to destroy HYDRA's weapon (and Fury as well), tries to save his buddy, but is stopped when Gabe shoots him in the shoulder. Fury manages to escape with a HYDRA jet, not realizing it was a ruse-- as the Overkill Horn is onboard the plane he's flying! As Sitwell prepares to destroy the aircraft, Fury realizes its radio isn't working.
Appearing in "Umar Strikes!"
- Ancient One (Yao) (Illusion)
- Baron Mordo (Karl Mordo) (Illusion)
- Eternity (Illusion)
- Kaluu (Illusion)
- Oshtur (Invoked)
- Hoggoth (Invoked)
- Faltine (Invoked)
- Raggadorr (Invoked)
- Cyttorak (Invoked)
- Demons of the Dark Dimension (Invoked)
- Seraphim (Invoked)
- Valtorr (Invoked)
- Lamp of Lucifer
- Flames of Regency (Illusion)
- Book of the Vishanti (Illusion)
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
- Pincers of Power (Illusion)
- Orb of Agamotto
Synopsis for "Umar Strikes!"
Umar has just returned from her banishment by Dormammu and has taken over the Dark Dimension. Wanting to catch up on events, she uses a magic lamp to view the recent past, to learn the fate of her brother at the hands of his mortal enemy Doctor Strange. She learns of Strange's origins and many clashes against Baron Mordo and her brother Dormammu. She also learns of her brothers defeat at the hands of Eternity, as well as Doctor Strange's recent victory of Kaluu.
Wishing to succeed where her brother failed, Umar banishes Clea to another realm in order to trick Doctor Strange into coming into battle. When Strange goes to rescue Clea he finds himself transported to strange universe, falling through it completly out of control.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Strange Mails". Letters are pubished from Jeff Wiselberg, Brock Stimson, John Miller, and Anthony Riche.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Strange Tales Vol 1 151 on the forums
- 4 Images from Strange Tales Vol 1 151
- ↑ This issue is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- 1st story
- During this issue, Nick Fury refers to Caballero as "Cabellero" from the moment Fury is captured on - he previously called him Caballero. The word Caballero in Spanish means "horseman, gentleman" and derives from caballo, "horse"; Cabellero does not exist but it would derive from cabello, "hair".
|Like this? Let us know!|