Sydney "The Gaff" Levine
Sydney "The Gaff" Levine
Appearing in "Spy School"
- Captain America
- Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine (First appearance)
- Sydney "The Gaffer" Levine (First appearance)
- Mamma Fury (Only in flashback)
- Dawn Fury (not named) (Only in flashback)
- Jacob Fury (Only in flashback) (not named)
Synopsis for "Spy School"
Following the destruction of Hydra Island, Fury goes to UNIT (Underground Network Intelligence Training academy) where recruits undergo rigorous education. He meets 2 new agents: Sidney E. Levine, a tech expert (who agrees to replace Fury's destroyed Porsche 904) and Val, who scoffs at his attitude that the spy game is man's work. Fury takes on Captain America in a display bout for the recruits, but gets dizzy due to a "side-effect" of the invisibility pill he used earlier. Cap tells him he's found out who was responsible for a job they tackled "a year ago"-- "The Big Blackout".
Appearing in "The Evil That Men Do..."
- Umar (Only in flashback)
- Zom (Only in flashback)
- Living Tribunal (Only in flashback)
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Demons of Darkness (Mentioned)
- Satannish (Invoked)
- Faltine (Invoked)
- Seraphim (Invoked)
- New York City New York
- Stonehenge (Location) (Only in flashback)
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
- Flames of Regency (Main story and recap)
- Orb of Agamotto
- Wand of Watoomb (Mentioned)
- Glass of Doom
- Legendary Amphora (Main story and recap)
- Links of Living Bondage (Main story and recap)
- Mantle of Supremacy
Synopsis for "The Evil That Men Do..."
Returning to New York, Doctor Strange finds that his Sanctum is now gone, finding Wong he learns that Umar had attacked it while she was on Earth. However, Strange restores it revealing it was never destroyed just banished. Returning inside, Doctor Strange explains to Wong the outcome of his and the Ancient One's battle with Umar, the freeing of Zom, and the ultimatum that the Living Tribunal had made.
Meanwhile, all the mystics who were "awoken" by the freeing of Zom are now organizing into a large group called the Circle Sinister. Doctor Strange tracks down the Circle to their meeting place where he fights their apparent leader, however as Strange easily defeats this attacker, he soon learns who their real leader is: Baron Mordo, who has just escaped from his mystical prison.
- This is Jim Steranko's first work with Captain America. He will later be the writer and artist in Captain America Vol 1, issues 110, 111, and 113.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Strange Tales Vol 1 159 on the forums
- 8 Image(s) from Strange Tales Vol 1 159
- 11 Reprints of Strange Tales Vol 1 159
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|