- So then never let it be said Doctor Doom was a poor loser!
- -- Doctor Doom
Appearing in "Armageddon"
- Dum Dum Dugan
- Jimmy Woo
- Clay Quartermain
- Valentina Allegra de Fontaine
- Gabe Jones
- SHIELD Agents
Races and Species:
- Pseudo-elliptoid wrist tracer
- Satan Claw
- The Dreadnought, an underwater troop carrier with tunneling equipment
Synopsis for "Armageddon"
Jimmy cradles the body of his beloved in his arms; The Claw vows vengeance; Fury says he's takin' over --NOW! Just then, ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Suicide Squad bursts in thru the floor via "The Dreadnought," a colossal tunneling machine. The Claw vanishes, Fury uses a "Psuedo-Elliptoid Wrist Tracer" to find him, but arrives just as the villain escapes into the "Space-Time Continuum" in an "Infinity Sphere." But Fury finds a "Prototype Warp-Vest" which uses "Hyper-Space Circuits" and follows The Claw's "Cosmic Trajectory." The Claw hits the button on a nuclear detonator, destroying his entire underwater base-- just as Fury arrives and attacks him using a "Mind-Amplifyin' Gizmo." As The Claw topples backward, Fury tells him SHIELD planted an "Explosion Absorber" and cleared out-- meaning, The Claw only succeeded in destroying his own base. Fury then uses The Satan Claw to peel open The Claw's armor and it is revealed to have been a robot pawn in a game lost by Doctor Doom to the Prime Mover.
Appearing in "This Dream ... This Doom!"
- Viking warrior
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Munnopor (Invoked)
- Valtorr (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Dream Dimension
- The Nether Zone
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
- Book of the Vishanti
- Jewel of Transhypnosis
- Q-Ray Blaster
Synopsis for "This Dream ... This Doom!"
The Resurrected Ancient One reveals to Doctor Strange that he was able to free himself from the stone prison for which he was trapped in following the defeat of Zom. The two then travel togeather to the Ancient One's Sanctum to try and find where Yandroth had taken Victoria Bentley. Using spells they learn that Yandroth had transported the two of them to the Dimension of Dreams. Using a magic gem to transport himself there, Strange finds Yandroth and Victoria. Yandroth unleashes beings from his dreams (barbarians on horse back and sea monsters) to keep Doctor Strange at bay, while he prepares to shoot Strange with a laser.
- This issue contains a Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Strange Mails". Letters are published from: Robert Klein, Michael Lawrence, Michael Pleasant, and John E. Mullen.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Strange Tales Vol 1 167 on the forums
- 3 Images from Strange Tales Vol 1 167
- ↑ This issue is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- 1st story
- In this issue, Doctor Strange mentions "Yandroth's magic". However, in his previous appearances and during this same issue, Yandorth insists that he despises magic and uses only science. Doctor Strange may have been speaking metaphorically, of course.
|Like this? Let us know!|