Appearing in "Today Earth Died!"Edit
- Vaengr (Dream)
- Chet Huntley (Dream)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Today Earth Died!"Edit
In this surreal story, Nick Fury appears to dream that a gold skinned alien lands in New York and no one is able to stop him from annihilating the earth, or was this a strange premonition of things to come?
Appearing in "Exile"Edit
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Raggador (Invoked)
- Munnopor (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
- Q-Ray Blaster
- Jewel of Transhypnosis
Synopsis for "Exile"Edit
Doctor Strange battles and defeats the imaginary creatures that Yandroth had sent against him in the Dimension of Dreams. Battling Yandroth himself, Strange is able to defeat Yandroth, knocking him to his doom. He then saves Victoria who is being chased by a viking warrior conjured up by the realm. After saving Victoria, the two return to the Earth dimension, where the Ancient One congratulates his disciple.
- Last issue for some time of this title. See Editor's notes below.
- During the "Silver Age" Marvel Comics had a distribution deal with National Comics (now DC Comics) which limited the number of titles they could publish a month. To get around this during the super-hero boom of the 60's, their anthology titles (Strange Tales being one of them) became home to two super hero stories. When the National Comics deal expired and Marvel was free to publish as many titles as they liked, Strange Tales would be renamed to Doctor Strange, and Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. would get his own series, starting with Issue #1. The first volume of Doctor Strange would run until issue #183. Although Strange Tales was renamed to Doctor Strange and continued with the same issue numbering, in 1973, Marvel would revive the Strange Tales title starting with issue #169, until the cancellation of the first volume with issue #188.
- This issue contains a letters page, Strange Mails. Letters are published from: Jim Bussiere, Mike Butler, Peggy Ann Dolan, and Thomas Miller.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Yandroth previously appeared last issue and will appear next in Marvel Feature #1.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ This issue is reprinted in the following comics/TPBs:
|Like this? Let us know!|