Appearing in "Death Ship!"
- Pip the Troll (First appearance)
- Magus (Adam Warlock) (Only in flashback)
- Universal Church of Truth
- unnamed Woman (Only in flashback)
- Prisoners aboard the Great Divide
- Grak (Only in flashback)
- Bak (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Great Divide (Flagship of the Magus)
Synopsis for "Death Ship!"
Warlock is captured by Autolycus of the Black Knights an brought aboard Magus' Flagship. His fellow prisoners tell Warlock, that survivors of the Wars of the Church are taken as slave laborers, those who refuse will be terminated and their remains will be chemically broken down and valuable elements that can be retrieved will be used to further the cause of the Church. They also tell him, that Non-Humanoids are not considered fashioned in the Magus' image and thus must be disposed of, this also holds true for some Humanoid types - such as Trolls. Despite being ordered to capture Warlock unharmed, the Matriarch considers what would happen to the Magus, if something were to happen to Warlock. Autolycus is not pleased with the Matriarch's orders and shows a Code of Honor, he is however a soldier. Warlock refuses to lead the prisoners in their rebellion and tells a story of two Cavemen (Grak and Bak). Warlock singlehandedly fights off the Black Knights and then battles Autolycus, Warlock is more powerful but hesitates to finish Autolycus. Autolycus is ready to kill Warlock as the Soul Gem acts on its own and steals Autolycus' Soul rendering Warlock unconscious, Warlock considers, that the Gem will be responsible for his eventual transformation into the Magus. Warlock leaves the other prisoners after defeating Autolyus and is joined by Pip, for the first time Warlock tells somebody his story.
- Reprinted in Marvel Masterworks: Warlock # 2
- First Appearance of Pip the Troll and Autolycus
- The Comics Code Authority logo on the cover of this issue is replaced by one that says "Approved by the Cosmic Code Authority". Jim Starlin did this as a joke.