The Stygian race was part of the Shi'ar Empire. The most prominent Stygians include Glakandar, who became the first being in this universe appointed by Eon to be the defender of the universe many centuries ago.
In modern times there have been three Stygians who represented their homeworld as part of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard: The first was Neutron a long standing member for years till his dishonorable discharge for his attempted coup against the empire. He was eventually killed after reinstatement during the Realm of Kings interlude. Another later recruit was Cosmo, who was slain by the mutant Vulcan during his rampage through the Shi'ar empire. Following the death of Neutron he was recently replaced by a successor who took his name.
The Stygians of Earth-5106 are uniquely different than most other similarly named alien races in the multiverse. These aliens are green skinned and reptilian in nature. They live on the planet Stygia which appears to be relatively close to the Sol system in this universe. In the year 1953, they used a magnetic device to hurl a giant planetary mass at the planet Earth for the purposes of destroying it. Shortly thereafter they captured Earth rocket test pilot John Dixon and told him of their plan, which would reach fruition in about 2 and a half years. Dixon convinced the Stagyians to let him go and he developed a nuclear weapon strong enough to destroy the planetary mass in February of 1955. The resulting destruction caused a chunk of the planetoid to hurtle back to Stygia causing an extinction level catastrophe that wiped out the entire Stygian race.
Powers and Abilities
Superhuman Strength: Stygians such as Neutron or Cosmo Possess insurmountable levels of super strength as an effect of controlling their own bodily mass via the internalized black holes held within their systems. Many amongst their race classing might near unenhanced Strontian power range.
Superhuman Stamina: Stygians are for all intents and purposes, effectively tireless. Internalized singularity's coupled with their natural capacity to absorb an indefinite amount of energy from their surroundings grant virtually unlimited staying power.
Superhuman Durability: Neutron was infamous for his incredulous levels of physical resilience, able to trade blows with the likes of some of the more superhumanly powerful entities throughout the marvel universe like Rogue, Gladiator and Cable among other powerhouses.
Superhuman Endurance: Members of Cosmo's race have an proficiency for greater endurance than the typical perfected human specimen.
Self-Sustenance: Stygians can survive unaided in the deepest recesses of space without need of air, food or water. All but eliminating the need for physical nourishment whenever they act upon their specified tasks.
Advanced Longevity: A Stygian can live for hundreds of years at a time.
Internalized Gravitational Singularity: All members of the Stygian Race possess within themselves, a hyper dense core which is related to an internalized quantum singularity ("black hole"), the energy of which they can freely manipulate to attain various effects. Including but not limited to increasing strength levels well into the 100 ton range.
- Bodily Mass Alteration: A Stygian can alternate their body of matter to the degree for vast strength and physical toughness increase to the point one can stagger a weakened Thanos.
- Density Manipulation: By shifting gravitational fields around themselves, Neutrons people can rendering their bodies virtually invulnerable to harm. Either altering his mass to become denser and heavier or light enough to fly unimpeded.
- Energy Rechanneling: A stygian can take the energy they've assimilated and repurpose to achieve other effects like ranged blasts or melee enhancement.
- Energy Blasts: Neutron could repurpose the absorbed energy directed at him as a release of concussive/destructive force bolt energies from his hands at will.
- Energy Absorption: Members of Cosmo/Neutron's race can absorb a plethora of different energy types to sustain and empower themselves. Be it electromagnetic, kinetic and/or quantum energy force into their bodies, enabling increased physical abilities and resistance to blunt force trauma among other facilities.
- Energy-Enhanced Strike: Stygians can use absorbed energy to increase their own striking power if so inclined.
- Flight: It is unknown if all amongst the species posses the natural gift of flight or it is a result of special anti-gravity flight technology lined within the Imperial Guard's special suit lining. Stygians potentially can fly across interstellar distances across vast treks of space for hours on end and at incredible speeds in order to get from planet to planet by their own power.
- Personal Gravity: The Stygian race are capable of increasing the mass, density or gravity of objects & people when their focus is applied to it.
Psi Resistance: A stygian assassin possessed a natural psi resilience enough to repel attempts at thought scanning even by the likes of Oracle, the premire telepathic talent of the Imperial Guard.
Average Strength Level
Remote energy manipulators can draw back the force absorbed from them by a Stygian provided they are powerful enough. Despite their physical resilience, they can be dumbfounded by individuals with potent enough phasing abilities that can bypass their density shifting. The alternation of their core density also reeks havoc on their emotional states making the individual Strontian prone to outburst of rage and psychological imbalance.
Level of Technology
Advanced; image inducers and biomechanical armaments.
- 36 appearance(s) of Stygians (Aliens)
- 1 mention(s) of Stygians (Aliens)
- 2 image(s) of Stygians (Aliens)
- 13 representative(s) of Stygians (Aliens)