- But there is still no other who rules in these benighted depths! No other born to cry-- Imperius Rex!
Appearing in "Titans Three!"
- Titans Three (First appearance)
- El General (First appearance)
- San Pablo Armed Forces
- Unnamed sergeant
- Unnamed captain
- Ikthon (Mentioned)
- United Nations (On-screen)
- Colonel Willis (First appearance) (On-screen)
- San Pablo rebels
- Neptune (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Atlantean-Human Hybrids
- Dolphins (On-screen)
- Sea-Gods (Referenced)
- Perros / Dogs (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Titans Three!"
When Namor notices that a machine has been created that can control the weather, he seeks out other heroes to help him save the Earth from possible danger. He confronts the Silver Surfer and, after a brief fight, convinces him to help. They then seek out the Hulk's assistance and, after helping him fight off a dictator's attacking army, he also agrees to join Namor's quest.
As the Hulk unknowingly trespasses on the fortified island of San Pablo, he attracts the army led by its dictator "El General" while Namor monitors the conflict. The Sub-Mariner hopes that he can manipulate the brute into aiding him in destroying a device that poses a threat to the entire world.
Also detecting the presence of the Silver Surfer in the area, Namor decides he should enlist the Surfer's aid as well. Going to the Surfer first the two engage in a brief battle, until the Sub-Mariner can explain his situation and the two agree to work together to stop the humans from destroying themselves.
Going to the Hulk the three end up battling El General's army, smashing apart his weapons, and defeating his military, thus allowing the people of San Pablo to revolt and oust their leader. In the aftermath of the battle Namor, the Silver Surfer, and the Hulk fly off to deal with the menace which Namor had gathered them all to stop.
Together for the first time - and blasting out against a hostile world! That's Namor - the Silver Surfer - and the incredible Hulk - "Titans Three!"
- In terms of publication date, the Silver Surfer's last previous appearance was in the last issue of his self-titled series. At the end of this issue, he vows to seek revenge on all of humanity as the "savage" Silver Surfer.  However, his introduction in this issue mentions that he has given up this vow of revenge.
- This was the first Silver Surfer story to not be written by Stan Lee.
|Like this? Let us know!|