- The hour of destiny approaches!
- -- Red Skull
Appearing in "Dark Victory"
- A.I.M. (Main story and recap)
- Yousuf Tov (Death)
- William Collins (First appearance)
- Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) (Recap)
- Thanos (Recap)
- Human Torch (Recap)
- Toro (Recap)
- Nazi X (Recap)
- Cosmic Cube (Main story and recap)
- Captain Marvel's Suit (Recap)
- Nega-Bands (Recap)
- A.I.M. Uniforms (Main story and recap)
- Overkill Horn
Synopsis for "Dark Victory"
Continued from last issue.... The Red Skull and Hate Monger are visited by Dr. Clinton of AIM who is to assist them in creating a new Cosmic Cube. As they go to the lab, they are briefed on the previous versions of the Cube. When the Clinton tells them that without the brain power of MODOK they won't be able to create a new Cosmic Cube, however the Red Skull reveals why he has an army of slaves: To be used as fodder to generate the brain power needed to create a new Cube. Among the prisoners is Yosuf Tov, a Nazi bounty hunter who has been captured by the Skull.
As S.H.I.E.L.D. (led by Yosuf's lover Rachel) go into action to break Yosuf out, the Red Skull and Hate Monger have Arnim Zola begin creating the new Cosmic Cube. When S.H.I.E.L.D. attacks, it keeps the Red Skull busy enough that the Hate Monger (doffing his disguise and recounting how he's really Adolf Hitler, having survived but transferring his mind into clone bodies) and demands to have his mind transferred into the Cube.
While S.H.I.E.L.D. manages to stop the operation, Yosuf is a helpless victim of the Red Skull's experiment, which turns out to be a success. The Red Skull flees with the new Cosmic Cube in his possession, satisfied that he's trapped the mind of his greatest rival, Hitler himself, within the Cube, with no way to get out.
- This is the final issue of this series.
- In this issue it is clearly revealed that Arnim Zola has prepared multiple clones of Adolf Hitler.
- In this issue, Hitler's clone will be trapped in the Cosmic Cube. He will not be free himself until Captain America #445.
- Exile Island is severely damaged by S.H.I.E.L.D. bombs. Although the Red Skull survives underground, it is undetermined if the island is rebuilt and re-inhabited.
- This issue details a history of the Cosmic Cube. But almost all of these histories of the Cosmic Cube fail to mention Sub-Mariner #50.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Super-Villain Team-Up Vol 1 17 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Super-Villain Team-Up Vol 1 17
Links and References
- Grand Comics Database, Super-Villain Team-Up, Vol 1 
|Like this? Let us know!|