- Because the military has been naughty. My sources tell me they've been playing doctor with a certain Venom Symbiote. Taking the alien specimen and converting it into a super-soldier of sort. But that's not the real crime. The real crime to me is that... they failed!. Because you don't harness evil and make it good. You harness evil and make it wicked!
- -- The Wizard
Appearing in 1st story
- Carnage (Cletus Kasady) (Main story and flashback)
- Numerous unnamed guards (Death)
- Man-Bull (William Taurens)
- Man-Ape (M'Baku)
- Agent Venom (Flash Thompson) (Only in flashback)
- Scarlet Spider (Kaine) (Mentioned)
- Bentley Wittman (Mentioned)
- Venom (Eddie Brock) (Only in flashback)
- Undisclosed containment facility
Synopsis for 1st story
Having recently been transferred to a maximum-security prison facility for supervillains, Ted Connelly monologues to himself about his bad luck at being caught up in the governor's new plan for dealing with overcrowded prisons.
An explosion goes off in the prison, causing the guards to instigate lockdown, and Connelly is thrown into his cell, continuing to lament his situation. Outside, the guards determine there must have been a gas leak and congratulate themselves for record timing. Ted recalls when the prisoner in the cell next to him, Cletus Kasady, was brought in by Agent Venom. That the prison doctor said he was comatose, but Ted could see something evil lurking in his gaze. One of the guards approaches Ted's cell and begins taunting him, saying he'd made a wager with the other guards about how long Ted could stand being so close to Carnage, who has a reputation of eating his neighbours. Abruptly, the guard stops talking and opens the cells. Immediately, the Carnage symbiote takes over Cletus' body and goes on a rampage, impaling the guard and mowing down the other inmates. Ted loses control of his bowels and collapses onto a toilet as Carnage enters his cell, brutally killing him.
Watching the massacre from a screen, the Wizard quips that it's like watching Game of Thrones, then complains that Ted's thoughts interfered with his ability to control the guard. As Carnage devours the inmates, the Wizard explains to a group of captured guards that he intends to turn do to the monster what the US Military did to its progenitor. The guards - two of whom ae father and son - demand to be released so they can save the prisoners, but the Wizard refuses, revealing his plan is an attempt to regain the respect and affection of his cloned son by rebuilding the Frightful Four. The father guard mocks him over this, comparing the team's multiple incarnations to the Pussycat Dolls, and the Wizard kills them in a fit of rage.
The Wizard approaches Carnage, who immediately lunges at him, realizing too late that Cletus has no mind that he can take control of. Carnage brutalizes the Wizard, but just as he is about to devour him Klaw intervenes, blasting the symbiote into submission.
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MONTH GETS SINISTER WITH THE RETURN OF CARNAGE!
• LOCKED AWAY IN AN ASYLUM, IT LOOKS LIKE CARNAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD—BUT HIS FELLOW INMATES HAVE OTHER PLANS...
• WILL THEY SUCCESSFULLY WAKE THE MONSTER?
• OR WILL THIS HIDEOUS EXPERIMENT CREATE THE MOST POWERFUL, DANGEROUS, MANIACAL CARNAGE YET... A SUPERIOR CARNAGE?
• KEVIN SHINICK (Avenging Spider-Man, Robot Chicken) and STEPHEN SEGOVIA (Extreme X-men, Thor) come together to create a story so grotesquely gratifying you wont be able to look away!
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superior Carnage Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 10 Images from Superior Carnage Vol 1 1
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|