Appearing in "No Escape, Part One: A Lock for Every Key"
- Anna Maria Marconi
- J. Jonah Jameson
- Horizon Labs
- Glory Grant
- Daily Bugle
- Ted Shipley (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Slayer (Alistaire Smythe)
- Boomerang (Frederick Myers)
- Scorpion (MacDonald Gargan)
- Vulture (Adrian Toomes)
- Marla Madison Jameson (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Lizard (Curtis Connors)
- Doctor Lamaze (Main story and flashback)
- Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus (Peter Parker/"Otto Octavius") (Mentioned)
- Morbius (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "No Escape, Part One: A Lock for Every Key"
The story starts with Otto listening to a class back at E.S.U. reflecting about how in spite of defeating Peter Parker once and for all, he now has to endure the hardships he faced since he failed to get his doctorate. While conversing with Anna Maria Marconi, Otto receives an alert on his cell phone, prompting his teacher, Don Lamaze to burst into anger because of "Peter's" arrogance. Otto answers the phone call, which was from his direct line with NYC Mayor J. Jonah Jameson who asked Spider-Man to supervise the execution of the Spider-Slayer the following day, believing that Smythe will have an escape plan.
Jameson arrives to the Raft for a final inspection before Smythe's execution, where he's told that all of the Raft's inmates will be transfered once Jameson shuts it down, highlighting the infirmary where Boomerang, Vulture and Scorpion are being attended. Meanwhile, Otto prepares all the tech he has prepared for his supervision, but his arrogance manages to irritate his boss, Max Modell. Otto reflects that while he has become a Superior Spider-Man than Peter Parker, he still has to endure the limitations of his life.
Spider-Man arrives with all of the NYPD Enforcers and a small army of Spider-Bots to prepare the place and then decides to confront Smythe, who tries to taunt him by mentioning Marla Jameson's death, but since he's unaware of the mindswap and that Otto wasn't paying attention due to he remembering his time lockedup during his final days as Doctor Octopus, Otto brushes him off.
Jameson, alongside Spider-Man, his assistant Glory Grant and Bugle reporter Norah Jones, watch the procedure of Smythe's execution, while he claims to be a "better person". Otto tries to reply that no one would buy that, only to stop himself once he remembers that HE just pulled that trick, but just as Smythe's execution begins, a swarm of mini Spider-Slayers attack the place, allowing Smythe to move freely, however, they are counteracted by Otto's Spider-Bots.
Smythe attempts to escape, but he finds out that Otto has prepared himself for every method of escape he may try, prompting Smythe to shift his plan to kill Spider-Man for which he was also prepared. The mini Spider-Slayers enter the infirmary where they surround Boomerang, Vulture and Scorpion, only to heal and enhance them, on one request from Smythe: Kill Spider-Man, an offer they accept very much obliged.
“No Escape” Part 1 of 3
• The Spider-Slayer is scheduled for execution and Mayor J. Jonah Jameson is leaving nothing to chance. To ensure that everything goes according to plan, Jameson’s called in the one man he can trust to oversee everything—the Superior Spider-Man.
• Since the startling events of Superior Spider-Man #9, will anyone realize that things have changed...?
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superior Spider-Man Vol 1 11 on the forums
- 4 Images from Superior Spider-Man Vol 1 11
|Like this? Let us know!|