- There it is, Olddan. The bug-shaped hunk of jewel that's going to get us more money than we've ever imagined!
- -- The Asp
Appearing in "The Asp's Big Score!"
Synopsis for "The Asp's Big Score!"
Continued from last issue... Richard Harper, called "The Asp," and Miles Olddan have the Ruby Scarab in their possession and are intending to sell it to Alexi Skarab, with the intent of stealing it back and selling it to another buyer. However, before they can be met by Skarab they are attacked by the Living Mummy, who has finally tracked the two down in his own hunt for the mystical jewel. During the fight, Olddan throws an oil lantern at the Mummy, causing him to burst into flames. The burning Mummy smashes out the wall and extinguishes the flames in the mud outside, but he then passes out.
As Asp and Olddan leave, Asp reflects on the moments in his life that brought him to Egypt: He reflects on how he was a small time crook with big aspirations of finally getting the big pay-out. When arrested for a crime, he had Miles Olddan as a cell mate and it was love. Olddan, an old time crook with plenty of skills, took the young Asp under his wing and the two would mastermind their criminal career. However, as Olddan aged, his direct involvement became less and less.
As Asp and Olddan sell the Scarab to Dr. Skarab, Zephyr arrives in Cairo to collect the Living Mummy. Finding the creature in the mud, she uses her powers to heal him in preparation to collect the Scarlet Scarab. When Olddan and Asp return to their room, they are ambushed by the strange pair. Zephyr forces Asp to take the Mummy and go to retrieve the Ruby Scarab from Skarab. However, the Mummy's less than graceful gait causes enough noise to rouse Alexi Skarab, who shoots the Asp in the arm. Conversing with the Mummy, he learns of the Elementals's plot to obtain the Scarab and again take over Earth.
When the Mummy agrees to help them, they deduce that the Mummy is working for Zephyr alone and that she has possibly betrayed the Elementals in order to save Earth. Their suspicions are confirmed when the Elementals suddenly appear before them with Zephyr and Olddan as their prisoners.
This story is continued next issue...
Appearing in "Contact!"
Synopsis for "Contact!"
- Cover art: pencils and inks by Brunner, colours by Wein.
- Contact! was originally printed in Tower of Shadows #6.
- This is the first issue of the series with Len Wein as Editor-in-Chief.
- The tagline for this issue is "When Strikes the Asp -- Even an Immortal Must Fall!"
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supernatural Thrillers Vol 1 11 on the forums
- 1 Images from Supernatural Thrillers Vol 1 11
Links and References
- Living Mummy profile at Wikipedia
- Living Mummy profile at the Marvel Appendix
- Living Mummy profile at the Marvel Universe
- Living Mummy profile at the Marvel Directory
- Living Mummy profile at Comic Vine
|Like this? Let us know!|