Real Name: Susan Storm Richards
Nicknames: Sue, Susie
Former Aliases: The Invisible Girl, Malice
Other Current Aliases: None
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Identity: Publicly Known
Marital Status: Married
Group Affiliation: Founding member of the The Fantastic Four; Former member of the Avengers
Base of Operations: The Baxter Building, Manhattan, New York
Origin of character unknown.
Place of birth: Glenville, Long Island, New York
Known Relatives: Franklin Storm (Father; Deceased), Mary Storm (Mother; Deceased), Reed Richards (Husband), Franklin Richards (Son), Valeria Richards (daughter), Jonathan Storm (Brother), Nathaniel Richards (Father-In-Law), Evelyn Richards (Mother-In-Law; Deceased), Cassandra Richards (Stepmother-In-Law; Deceased), Bones (Cousin)
First Appearance: Fantastic Four #1
Susan Storm, the eldest of two children born to a physician and his wife, grew up comfortably in suburban Long Island. At age 12 she met her future husband, Reed Richards, then a Columbia University graduate student living in her aunt's New York City rooming house. Enamored of the shy but handsome scientist, Sue promised to keep in touch with him. When she moved to California to pursue an acting career, Sue again encountered Richards, and the two began a romantic relationship.
An aeronautical engineer, Richards was working on a starship that would make it possible to travel to other solar systems. When the government threatened to cut off its partial funding of the project, Richards decided to make an immediate test flight. It would have been just him and his friend, pilot Benjamin Grimm -- but Susan and her brother, Johnny, insisted on going along. In space, the starship unexpectedly encountered intense radiation, which caused the crew to abort the flight and crash to Earth. Following the accident, the four discovered that the cosmic radiation had triggered mutagenic changes in their bodies. Now able to turn invisible at will, Sue became a founding member of Reed Richards' team of adventurers, the Fantastic Four.
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 120 lbs
Unusual Features: None
Strength level unknown
- Sue Richards' psionic ability to manipulate ambient cosmic energy enables her to bend light around her body without distortion, thus rendering herself invisible.
- If an object or person has been made invisible through the use of a cloaking device, Susan is able to detect them, and even make them visible if she wishes. However, if the invisibility is part of a magical spell or by a telepath attempting to conceal something, she may not be able to detect it
- Force Field Generation
- The cells of her body produce an unknown form of energy she can mentally project around other people and objects -- rending them invisible, as well. Richards' brain cells produce psionic force she can shape into relatively simple forms such as rectangle planes, globes, cylinders, cones and domes. Using this ability, she can mentally project protective fields that are highly resistant to concussive forces. She can also use this ability to 'walk on air' by forming columns of invisible force under her.
No known abilities.
Weapons & Equipment
- Unstable Molecules
- The Invisible Woman's costume, and the rest of her wardrobe, is constructed of unstable molecules, which are attuned to her powers, allowing it to become invisible when she does.
- Wearable Computer
- The Invisible Woman's costume has a complete data processing and telemetry system woven into its fabric on a molecular level, making it a wearable computer. The costume forms a network with the rest of the Fantastic Four, providing a constant, real time uplink of everyone’s physical condition as well as their location and current situation. The costume is capable of displaying data and has touch-pad controls on the gauntlets. Its sensors can track all of the team’s uniforms and provide a picture of their immediate vicinity. The costume has an intricate scanner system which can detect things around the wearer, from how many people are in the next room to what dimension or planet they are on.
- Fantastic Four #1 - First Appearance and origin
- Amazing Spider-Man #1
- Amazing Spider-Man #5
- Amazing Spider-Man #8
- Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 - Cameo Appearance
- Amazing Spider-Man #18 - Cameo Appearance