Symkaria, officially Symkrija Kiralysog (the Kingdom of Symkaria), is a small eastern European country within the Balkans. It had been conquered many times over the centuries. It has maintained close ties to the nation of Latveria. Its capital and largest city is Aniana.
- Symkaria localization seems to have retconned over the years. The country is landlocked in the Northern Balkans and shares borders with Serbia, Transylvania, Latveria:
- One account present Symkaria to be bordered to north-east by Latveria, to the east by Transylvania and on the rest of his border (north, west, south) by Serbia/Montenegro.
- Another map presents Latveria as being on the north-west border, Transylvania at north-east and Transia at east, while Serbia borders the country at west and south.
- Yep another map seems to engulf Transia and Transylvania among Romania, while the area around the Serbian/Latverian border correspond to Puternicstan, a contested land near the Symkaria and Latveria borders, disputed by the two countries.
The monetary unit used in Symkaria is the Symkarian Franc.
Its major resources are coal, iron ore, but also mercenaries, machinery, nuclear power, watchmaking, toys, car & jet manufacturing.
Symkaria is an extremely poor country, they have very few natural resources. They have survived thanks to Silver Sable International, a company set up by the Sablinova family with the support of the King and Parliament. They are a mercenary group whose contracts have been able to support the dwindling economy.} The Wild Pack Headquarters were considered to be the economic heart of the nation.
Over the years the infrastructure began to crumble with large amount of drug trafficking the country plunged into a economic depression.
Symkarian narco- and human traffickers led by Grayle Kenton worked with the Zoo Family, and were in conflict with Nigandan arms dealers whom they accused to have interfere into one of the operations (which the Nigandans denied). Using alien drones provided by the Zoo Family to battle the United Nations troops, they managed to draw a new path across the country to connect the Near East with the West.
Symkaria was traditionally a monarchy, but the monarch served as a figurehead in its parliamentary monarchy system, before the revolution.
Symkaria was a close ally of Bosqueverde, France, Latveria (apart from a territorial dispute over Puternicstan), Mexico, Norway, Russia (although Wild Pack operations have occasionally set the two countries at odds), UK, USA (including Wild Pack operations for the CIA), Wakanda and Belgriun, who maintained strong both economic and diplomatic relations with Symkaria.
Member of the United Nations, they had political envoys sent across the globe such as the Symkarian Embassy in the United States of America, which was closed as the countries fell into chaos due to the revolution.
Symkaria is currently on an ongoing civil war due to a dictatorship
Captain America travelled to Symkaria to stop a mad scientist turning townspeople into electrified zombies.
Points of Interest
- Sablinova family
- Prime Minister Klaus Limka
- Symkarian Royal Family
- 59 Appearances of Symkaria
- 4 Minor Appearances of Symkaria
- 39 Media Symkaria was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Symkaria
- Location Gallery: Symkaria
- 11 locations in Symkaria
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Marvel Atlas #1; Symkaria's entry
- ↑ Silver Sable and the Wild Pack #4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Secret Avengers #19
- ↑ X-Men Vol 3 #21
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 X-Men Vol 3 #20
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 X-Men Vol 3 #21's recap
- ↑ U.S.Avengers #4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Marvel Atlas #1; Transia's entry
- ↑ Sable and Fortune #1
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Marvel Atlas #1; Belgriun's entry
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Black Panther Vol 6 #5
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man Vol 4 #27
- ↑ Solo Vol 2 #3
- ↑ Solo Vol 2 #1
- ↑ Marvel Atlas #1; Latveria's entry
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #265
- ↑ Shadowland: Blood on the Streets #3
- ↑ New Avengers/Transformers #1
- ↑ Marvel Heroes (UK) #22
- ↑ Captain America: The First Avenger #11
- ↑ Silver Sable and the Wild Pack #24
- ↑ Silver Sable and the Wild Pack #9