- He...he called me boss! He knew! And still he helped me...even though I've always stood between him and Pepper...! But now...I've got to make sure he didn't sacrifice his life in vain...! While a breath still remains within me, I'll fight...I'll make this moment meaningful, old friend...I swear it! Wherever you are, Happy...I pray that you know...this is for you!
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "Fight On! For a World is Watching!"
Synopsis for "Fight On! For a World is Watching!"
Continued from last issue... Accepting a challenge from the Titanium Man in combat to prove which nation's armored champion is superior, Iron Man soon finds that the Titanium Man is not playing a fair game, having rigged the battle field with landmines.
As the two titans clash, the Titanium Man unleashing his various powers against Iron Man, the world watches the entire event on live television. As Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts watch the fight, Countess Stephannie De La Spirosa is searching for Tony Stark to watch the fight with (not knowing that Stark is really Iron Man), she breaks into Stark's hotel room and finds the experimental new transistor that he is working on in order to entice Stark to look for her.
While back in the battle field, Iron Man manages to fight off Titanium Man's attacks, but is slowly sustaining damage and is being over powered, however Iron Man manages to make it to the end of the round when a brief intermission is called. Returning to his room to get the new transistor in order to be a match the Titanium Man, Iron Man finds it missing and comes across the Countesses' handkerchief, he then sends Happy Hogan to find her and bring the device to him.
Making quick repairs, Iron Man returns for round two of their battle. As the battle rages on, Happy manages to find the Countess and convince her to give him the device. Arriving on the battle field, Happy attempts to bring it to Iron Man, but finds himself struck down by a deflected blast from the Titanium Man's weapons, critically injuring him. Just before Happy apparently dies, he reveals that he knows Iron Man is his boss, Tony Stark. Inserting the device into his armor, an enraged Iron Man then turns to battle the Titanium Man once again.
This story is continued next issue...
Appearing in "If This Be Treason!"
- Major Uberhart
Synopsis for "If This Be Treason!"
- Sorry, Katzenjammers! I hate to be shot at! This costume gets awfully drafty with holes in it!
Continued from last issue... In order to save Bucky from Dr. Rawlings who is about to experiment on the young ward in Greymoore Castle in England, Captain America is forced to steal a Nazi fighter plane to fly from France to Britain and avoid being shot down by his fellow Allies.
Meanwhile, the Nazis return to Greymoore Castle and soon betray Dr. Rawlings in order to use Bucky as bait to kill Captain America. When Cap finally arrives at the castle, the trap is spoiled by Rawlings' sister Celia, who warns Cap. The star spangled hero then battles an army of Nazis wearing medieval armor. Although he gains the upper hand, he and the hostages are knocked out by gas.
While in France, the US army is forced to fall back on their position against the Nazis, when Steve Rogers is unaccounted for Sgt. Duffy believes that Rogers has deserted his post.
While back in England, the Nazis unveil their plot, to launch a V-2 Rocket on British soil in an attempt to destroy the city of London.
This story is continued next issue...
- This issue contains a letters page, Mails of Suspense. Letters are published from Gordon & Brian Fitzgerald, James S. Gamble, and Bob Drew. The letters page also contains the Mighty Marvel Checklist.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales of Suspense Vol 1 70 on the forums
- 3 Image(s) from Tales of Suspense Vol 1 70
- 13 Reprints of Tales of Suspense Vol 1 70
|Like this? Let us know!|