Appearing in ""Victory!""
- 🢐 Harrington Byrd 🢒
- Joe (cameraman) (First appearance)
- Bill (First appearance)
- 🢐 Lyndon B. Johnson 🢒
Races and Species:
Synopsis for ""Victory!""
While battling the Titanium Man in Washington D.C., Iron Man soon finds that Pepper Potts, the girl he loves, is caught in the Titanium Man's paralyzer ray. Iron Man manages to free her with his live wire, and gets her to safety before resuming his battle with his foe.
The battle is televised on TV, so that all, including the US Senate and President, can see Iron Man fighting off this menace. Iron Man eventually defeats his enemy with device that chips away the titanium coating of Titanium Man's armor, allowing Iron Man to inflict damage upon his foe forcing him to flee. As everyone congratulates Iron Man, the Titanium Man tries to return to his masters, however the sub that was supposed to take him back home following a victory leaves him behind as his power fails and the Titanium Man falls into the ocean and is left to die.
Back in Washington, Iron Man resumes his guise of Tony Stark where he is greeted by Pepper, who shows her affection towards him, neither knowing that Happy has regained his memory and remembers that Tony Stark is really Iron Man.
Appearing in ""Enter... The Tumbler!""
Races and Species:
Synopsis for ""Enter... The Tumbler!""
- Being an adaptoid, I am virtually indestructible...and time has no meaning to me! With each new experience, I gain knowledge...skill...I become more powerful than before! So long as I exist, I cannot forsake my mission! Captain America must die! And, with the new knowledge I have gained...the task will be easier for me! Already, a new, foolproof plan has formed within my thinking circuits! A plan which cannot fail to destroy Captain America!
Having taken the form of Captain America, the Adaptoid is startled by the sudden appearance made by the Tumbler, a crook who has studied acrobatics in the hopes of earning a reputation by defeating Captain America. While the Adaptoid battles the Tumbler (doing poorly, because while he has Cap's abilities he doesn't have Cap's experience) the real Captain America manages to get loose and defeat the Tumbler, and tie both his doppelganger and the intruder and calls the police. After turning the Tumbler over to the police, Jarvis helps Captain America take the bound Adaptoid to Goliath's lab until the other Avengers return. Left alone in the lab the Adaptoid resumes its original form and plots its escape.
- This issue features a letters page, Mails of Suspense. Letters are published from Ray Rodriguez, Dan Mamaj, and Marvin Wolfman.
- Titanium Man previously appeared last issue and will appear again in Tales of Suspense Vol 1 92, 93, and 94.
- Page One of the Iron Man story credits: Ineffable Irving Forbush, Referee.