Appearing in ""The Other Iron Man!""
Races and Species:
- North America
- Vietnam War (Mentioned)
Synopsis for ""The Other Iron Man!""
Tony Stark has presented himself before the US Senate for a committee meeting to reveal the secrets of Iron Man for national security, however before Tony Stark can say anything on record, he suffers a heart attack and the whole world learns that Tony Stark has a chest plate that is keeping him alive.
Admitted to a hospital and with Pepper Potts and Happy Hogan at his side, Stark has to reveal why he has had to wear the chest plate, to prevent shrapnel from piercing his heart. It isn't long before the press starts wondering why Tony Stark and Iron Man are never seen in the same place together.
In order to protect Stark's secret identity, Happy dresses up in the Iron Man armor and allows himself to be seen in public while Stark is in the hospital. When his mission is complete, Happy returns to Stark's hospital room to return the armor, as Stark is thanking him, Happy is suddenly teleported away by the Mandarin... This story is continued next issue.
Appearing in ""The Super-Adaptoid!""
- Space Phantom (Mentioned)
- A.I.M. (Mentioned)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Mentioned)
- Nick Fury (Mentioned)
- Tumbler (John Robert Keane) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for ""The Super-Adaptoid!""
- It is done! They did not suspect that I was adapting their powers as they stood before me! Using the photographic ability built into my eyes, I have made a permanent record of what I must do! My plan is now complete...and ready for execution! With the other Avengers gone, Captain America is now as good as slain!
Continuing from last issue, Captain America had defeated the Adaptoid and has just briefed the other Avengers who have just returned from a mission. Goliath tells Cap that he'll examine the Adaptoid after he comes back later in the day, and the other Avengers all leave Cap in charge to watch the Adaptoid, little knowing that the whole time they were in its presence it was adapting all their forms.
Adopting a form that is an amalgamation of all the Avengers forms, the Adaptoid frees itself and resumes its mission to destroy Captain America. It's attack on the Captain soon overwhelms the star spangled hero, and the Super-Adaptoid then carries Captain America into the air in order to drop him to his death. After some resistance, Cap is unable to stop the android who drops him from a dangerous height into New York Harbor.
Thinking Captain America is dead, the Super-Adaptoid returns to its masters, however Cap has just barely survived his encounter thanks to the fact that he controlled his fall into the water.
The most dramatic unexpected event in the history of Iron Man! This one'll take your breath away! And, wait till you see Cap battle the Super-Adaptoid! It's pure Kirbyesque magic!
- This issue contains a letters page, Mails of Suspense. Letters are published from Arthur Polansky, Richard Mills., and J. Montalvo.
- The Super-Adaptoid gets its complete name in this issue, it was called the Adaptoid in the last two issues.
- The Super-Adaptoid will appear next in X-Men #29.