Appearing in "If a Man Be Stone!"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "If a Man Be Stone!"
Tony Stark has returned to his factory for the first time since he came back from Viet Nam to find the place under full alert because somebody had broken in. Taking a group of security guards, they burst in to find that the intruder is S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Jasper Sitwell who has been assigned to protect Stark Industries during Stark and Iron Man's leaves of absence.
Meanwhile, the Grey Gargoyle has escaped from prison, and seeks cover in his civilian guise of Paul Duval. He reads in the paper about Stark Industries development of a cobalt super-weapon, which he hopes to steal in order to use to obtain Thor's Hammer, which the Gargoyle believes will grant him immortality.
Resuming his guise as the Gargoyle, he attacks Stark Industries turning any who get in his way into stone. Stark manages to get away from Jasper long enough to change into Iron Man and tries to confront the attacker. Jasper gets in the way and has his weapons turned into stone for his troubles. Iron Man continues to fight the Grey Gargoyle, but eventually the Gargoyle begins slowly changing him to stone. While Jasper tries to call SHIELD for back-up (his radio he finds is broken) the Gargoyle succeeds in turning Iron Man into stone and throws him off the Stark Industries building.. This story is continued next issue...
Appearing in "A Time to Die -- A Time to Live!"
- "Gunner" Gates
- Turk and Whitey, goons
- Red Skull (Johann Shmidt) (Vision)
- AIM (Vision)
- Nazis (Vision)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "A Time to Die -- A Time to Live!"
- I had to drop in, Gunner! Didn't want to leave without saying goodbye! I've fought rats like you all my life--but, in a way, you're the most important of all! Because this'll be a swan song--for both of us! You're finished, Gunner! And so am I! The time has come for Captain America--to finally die--so that Steve Rogers--can begin to live!
- --Captain America talking to Gunner Gates
Captain America has burst in on the hideout of mobster "Gunner" Gates, defeating his goons, Cap makes quick work on them, and proclaims that this is his last mission. Rolling the clock back to earlier in the day, we learn that Agent-13 had called Captain America out on a date in his civilian identity of Steve Rogers. During their date, Steve tries to propose to Agent-13, an offer she declines because her duty to SHIELD. After their date had ended, Steve resolved that his next battle as Captain America would be his last. Returning to the present, we see Captain America defeating "Gunner" Gates, and then proclaiming to the world and the press that he is retiring and revealing his secret identity. At SHIELD headquarters, Nick Fury is sent Captain America's shield, and Agent-13 is upset blaming herself for Cap's retirement. When she explains the situation to Fury, Fury allows her to go to him if she wants. Elsewhere, Tony Stark has gone with Rogers to fit Steve with some suits before bidding him farewell.
Finally his own man, Steve Rogers stops to reflect on the life he lived before one last time... This story is continued next issue.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mails of Suspense. Letters are published from John Culbertson & Franklin Boyer, Royals Ballon and Raymond Armstrong.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales of Suspense Vol 1 95 on the forums
- 3 Images from Tales of Suspense Vol 1 95
- 7 Reprints of Tales of Suspense Vol 1 95
|Like this? Let us know!|