Appearing in "The Power of Iron Man!"
- New York City Police Department
- Logan (First appearance)
- Dorma (Mentioned)
- Krang (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Magno-volt projector
Synopsis for "The Power of Iron Man!"
This story continues from the events in Tales of Suspense #80...
The Sub-Mariner has come to seek revenge against Iron Man for interfering in his quest to get revenge on Lady Dorma for leaving him to marry Warlord Krang. Their fight has taken them outside of Stark Industries manufacturing plant where the two duke it out. With his power supply running low, Iron Man soon begins to lose the struggle until he manages to have the Sub-Mariner lead the fight to a nearby recharging receptacle and recharges his armor to full power.
This allows Iron Man to gain the upper-hand against the unsuspecting Sub-Mariner. As the battle rages on, police arrive on the scene and prepare to attack. Noticing this move, the Sub-Mariner turns his aggressions on them, sending the officers at bay. While shouting threats warning the officers from striking him again, Namor is distracted long enough for Iron Man to recover and jump the Atlantean prince from behind.
As Namor and Iron Man struggle, the monarch's keen eyesight allows him to spot Warlord Krang's submarine out at sea. Breaking off from the fight the Sub-Mariner dives back into the ocean and swims after his hated enemy Warlord Krang. With the battle over, Iron Man leaves the scene as well.
Returning to his home and changing out of his armor, Tony Stark ponders over if he has the right to keep the secret of Iron Man's armor from the government when the technology could be vital for the American governments vital interests. He decides that it's time to call Senator Byrd and sort things out once and for all.
Iron Man's adventure continues in Tales of Suspense #81 while Namor's quest continues next issue...
Appearing in "The Battle Cry of the Boomerang!"
- Secret Empire
- Boomerang (Fred Myers)
Races and Species:
- Matter transmitter
- Orion Missile
- Secret Empire Helicopter
- Various US Military Vehicles
Synopsis for "The Battle Cry of the Boomerang!"
Continued from last issue...
Returning to the surface following his battle against Tyrannus, the Hulk finds himself attacked by the army. The army is still out looking for Betty Ross, who had been kidnapped by the Boomerang. When General Ross scolds them for letting the Hulk get away, believing that the Hulk is responsible, they begin their next plan to stop both the Hulk and Boomerang.
Meanwhile, the members of the Secret Empire, who are afraid of Number-Nine's rise to power, soon find themselves one member fewer when one of their members triggers a booby trap that blasts him with poisonious gas.
Elsewhere, the Hulk manages to find the Boomerang, who is flying across the desert with Betty Ross as his hostage. The Hulk attacks, and is able to repel all of the Boomerang's attacks. While Ross and his company learn of the battle and race to get to it, the Hulk manages to fight off Boomerang and save Betty Ross.
The Power of Iron Man!
- This story ends with Tony Stark calling Sentor Harrington Byrd. Byrd had been pressuring Stark to reveal the technological secrets of his Iron Man armor for the sake of national security, as seen in Tales of Suspense #72. Tony finally aquesessed this issue but doesn't get to the Senate hearing until Tales of Suspense #82.
The Battle Cry of the Boomerang!
- As revealed in Strange Tales #149, SHIELD agent Gabriel Jones had infiltrated the Secret Empire and was trying to take the organization down from the inside during this time by posing as Number Nine.
- This issue is reprinted in the comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales to Astonish Vol 1 82 on the forums
- 4 Images from Tales to Astonish Vol 1 82
- 5 Reprints of Tales to Astonish Vol 1 82
|Like this? Let us know!|