Some of the membership info seems to be about the New and Mighty Avengers and not the classic Avengers.--Max 17:04, May 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Technically, they're all Avengers. It's all part of the same legacy, just like the West Coast team. Plus, it seems like everyone who was a Mighty or New Avenger is going to be part of the new lineups, all of which will connect back to the core Avengers team, which is a re-establishment of the original legacy.
- --GrnMarvl14 17:16, May 10, 2010 (UTC)
anyone know which avengers team hes gonna be joining?(Avenging-X-Bolt 16:01, May 24, 2010 (UTC)).
- Might be none. He was offered membership and accepted, but since Rogers is expanding the Avengers brand, there's no guarantee he'll actually be ON a team. He'll just be available for Avengers emergencies.
- --GrnMarvl14 20:21, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
If you guys are going to add all avengers team rosters to the main avengers page, why not the young avengers?
Are they not considered avengers?
sorry i forgot about them, i'll get to that right now, thanks for reminding me Andy Nominus 03:02, February 25, 2012 (UTC)
Maybe we can add them as reserve or something since they're not on any of the main line-ups Andy Nominus 17:03, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
True but the teachers are definitely members so adding the category makes sense. And if we're adding the category we may as well add the students like we do with the X-Men. They're not "full-fledged" Avengers but they still carry the Avenger name. This probably won't matter so much soon anyway since the series is ending and the status quo for the whole roster will be revamped with Marvel Now. Andy Nominus (talk) 19:15, October 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Shouldn't we really remove AA from "Current" and put it in "Former" since the Academy disbanded during AvX? The Next X-Man (talk) 19:00, August 8, 2013 (UTC)Next X-Man
- Did you read the last issues? They're not disbanded and are still technically getting coverage in Avengers Arena. The upcoming issue focuses specifically on the school's reaction to it's missing students. They'll also have have some focus in Infinity: The Hunt. Andy Nominus (talk) 22:27, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
Categories in Current Members & Name Specifications in Brackets
I know I've kind of just done my own view of this already but I figure we need to decide on this 'cause the edit warring is getting annoying. I don't think we need the real names of every member that has a code name that's been used more than once in brackets unless the code name is "actively" being used by more than one person on the page. In this case the only one's this has to be done for are the Hawkeyes (Barton & Bishop). If a name is only being used by one person at the time it is unnecessary to specify and it's just wasting space. It's easy not to get confused because if someone reading the page gets confused over the names, all they have to do is click the link to that character's page. On another note I'd say the same goes for the individual squad names as well, the descriptions for those teams can be found on their own pages, which are already properly linked here (for that matter the "New Avengers" have never focused on interdimensional threats, they've had two enemies in that category and they've been fighting HAMMER or the X-Men the rest of the time). Antoinejd if you'd like to give your opinion, please do so so that we can get this sorted out. Andy Nominus (talk) 15:03, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
I think that meet the real names of the members that have a codename who was used by another person in the past is nessecarry because it's more clear like that. But I can change it if the other editors are not in my opinion. For the mention of the New Avengers, I thinked that their principal role was the intervention in Interdimensionnal menaces, but maybe I go wrong. Sorry for my english, I'm born at Montreal.--Antoinejd (talk) 17:55, November 10, 2012 (UTC)Antoinejd
- From an impartial view-point? I think that the last names in brackets are useful and should stay, but only if that code-name has been used by someone else in the Avengers Roster. For instance, I saw Iron Fist (Rand), but no other use of the Iron Fist code name in the current and former rosters, and I saw a Power Man (Alvarez), but not a Power Man (Cage), since Cage is listed under his full name.
- As for the team descriptions, it seems like they aren't needed, and as seen above, it's just one more thing for users to disagree upon. If someone wants to know about a sub-team's function, let them click the link. Just my two cents --Spencerz (talk) 18:36, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Alright then, so we keep brackets for any team "members" with common names whether active or not (ie Rogers & Bucky (who is going by another code name, but was only an Avenger while he was Captain America), Mar-Vell & Danvers, Visions (Shade & Jonas)), take them out if their other counterparts have never been on the team or are currently using another code name (ie Black Widow, Iron Man/Stark & War Machine/Rhodes), and take out team descriptions altogether since they are debatable. Although I do suggest for those we keep in brackets we use both first and last names (provided they have both). Is this a fair solution? Andy Nominus (talk) 17:33, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I think they did, as the "New Avengers" to appear in the new volume of New Avengers are the Illuminati and most of the New Avengers will become Avengers. I guess we should put them as disbanded.
- Yes, it will be pretty confusing? annoying? (I don't know how to say it) that a New Avengers series will not feature the New Avengers neither any "_____ Avengers", the Illuminati are not Avengers of any kind, so...
- Certainly not the past incarnation. But this one definitely has a majority of active Avengers members (4/7, with 2 formers in the remainder, only one that hasn't been a member at some point is Blackbolt), and it will still likely be overseen by Cap. With that and the fact that it's still an Avengers book, I'd say it qualifies. Andy Nominus (talk) 01:49, November 29, 2012 (UTC)
- But the solicits say "the Illuminati, led by the Black Panther...", "The Illuminati gather to plan..." and "The Illuminati experience their first incursion...", they're never referred as Avengers, as well as the Illuminati were never considered Avengers by Marvel or by themselves as they're a super-ultra-hyper-mega-not-so-anyways secret team independient from any other super hero team, squad or unit.
- I said "overseen" by Cap, not led. He'll have to be connected somehow since the story revolves around the Infinity gems and one of them was entrusted to him. Panther would have to get it from him somehow. I agree the "previous" Illuminati were a separate entity but this "new" one is made up almost entirely of Avengers. Just because the name isn't the same doesn't make them any less affiliated. The New Mutants are still X-Men. Just saying if the team's made of Avengers and the book is called Avengers, it must be Avengers. Andy Nominus (talk) 02:41, November 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I dont' think these are a new Illuminati but the same group with only two new members. Te only Avengers there are are Iron Man and Beast, Doc Strange left the New Avengers as the rest of the team and Black Panther never re-joined the Avengers, he only helped them during AvsX. So the composition is: two Avengers + four non-Avengers. It is not mostly formed by Avengers. And I still don't know why Marvel decided to call the book New Avengers... Maybe because the Illuminati were formed in the New Avengers series? Maybe because a title with "Avengers" on it would sell more?
- Panther has been seen with the Avengers outside of AvX (in Avengers Assemble and the main series), and has shown no evidence of severing ties with the team since AvX, at the very least he is on reserve. Doc Strange was never shown to leave the Avengers, all that was seen was Luke Cage and Jessica Jones leaving the team at the end. Nobody else said anything about quitting or disbanding. Andy Nominus (talk) 03:05, November 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I also I thought about Panther re-joining the Avengers, but he may have been a guest to the reinauguration of the Stark Tower as some New Avengers were seen there, but he wasn't present when Maria Hill reunited every Avengers team or during the final battle agains Thanos. Also remember that he stayed in Wakanda to help rebuild his country later during AvX. And I think the New Avengers disbanded because Luke sold the Avengers Mansion, which is later used by the Uncanny Avengers, and most of the New Avengers (Spider-Man, Wolverine and Captain Marvel) will be part of the main Avengers team.
- So the team did not disband, it reintegrated into the main team. It still doesn't change that Strange never mentioned quitting. And of course the New Avengers were at Stark tower because they were Avengers. They were never really a seperate team, Rogers just let Luke run things the way he wanted. Just because Panther wasn't always present doesn't mean he wasn't a member, he had other business to deal with. It's like saying Wolverine quits the X-Men every time he goes off on his own. Andy Nominus (talk) 03:35, November 29, 2012 (UTC)
- What about Black Panther's "In a pinch, I'll always come when called, you know that..." (referring he's not an Avenger, just an ally that would lend a hand when necessary) "... But I'm just not there right now. I have things I need to do here" from Avengers #19 when Captain America asks him to rejoin the Avengers?
- That meant he wasn't available at that time, and the events which he was seen with the Avengers take place after he is done that business with Hell's Kitchen. And if we're going to play with quotes then how about "Once an Avenger, always an Avenger"? Also worthy of note: A future issue of A+X features a Panther and Storm story. And we know he's not the X.Andy Nominus (talk) 04:00, November 29, 2012 (UTC)
Alright that point I'll concede (at least until we see the issue), the rest stands so far. And I still haven't seen a valid arguement against the fact that the book is still called Avengers. Whether it's the official in-universe name or not it deserves a place on the roster as much as New Mutants does on X-Men. Andy Nominus (talk) 04:16, November 29, 2012 (UTC)
Here we go! Straight from Jonathan Hickman and Tom Brevoort themselves: http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?434524-Avengers-Jonathan-Hickman-Q-A/page25&p=16250550#post16250550 That settles that. Andy Nominus (talk) 18:08, December 4, 2012 (UTC)
- You started with the personal blows. Then used incorrect arguments to ask your question. Namor, not Avenger; Mr. Fantastic, not Avenger; Black Bolt, not Avenger; Doctor Strange, not Avenger anymore; Iron Man, Avenger; Beast, kinda Avenger.
- Vision,Red Hulk, Quake ect i think they aren't in the main team anymore and doubt Hickman is going to use them so I think they should be removed. 18:14, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
Cannonball and Sunspot Avengers
- It comes from Sunspot phrase in Avengers #2: "I'm sick of super-heroing! I'm done-- We're done! Retired!" after Cannonball tells him Wolverine called them, and they're in a beach during that scene.
This article says that "Captain Universe" is a team member, but it doesn't say which person was/is serving as a host for the Captain Universe Power and when. Is the article trying to say that the Captain Universe power itself is a member? Please clarify.
Oh, and somebody really needs to update the Captain Universe page. It's very out of date.
- We don't know the name or muuch of anything yet of the new Captain Universe. Though she's going to be spotlighted in the next issue so everything as far as she's concerned will likely be updated then. Andy Nominus (talk) 13:46, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
- 1) Remember to sing your post using four tildes (~~~~)
- 3) You can see we put a link to the desambiguation page of Captain Universe, not to the entity itself.
Absent Characters in the Avengers
In the 2018 comic books, there are some characters that is absent. For instance, Hulk, he need to be in the team with the other characters. I mean Hulk is the strongest member in the Avengers, and She-Hulk, her strength is not even a match for the likes of Hulk. There is a big question that need an answer or response.(Aillpois (talk) 01:04, September 9, 2018 (UTC))