Duplication of Entries
how should this guy and the Amalgam Universe thing be handled? they both apply to DC and Marvel, but there's little point in duplicating entries. Should we maybe put the content on one or the other, with a redirect page (that is, maybe leave the DCDP Access entry as the standard, and redirect the Marvel "Access" page to the DCDP?)? Roygbiv666 04:11, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- Great question!
- I think we discussed this on the forums before, but I don't remember what we decided.
- Can I suggest you post this exact question there, in the 'wiki editors forum' area and see what everyone thinks?
- --Jamie 04:16, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- I checked the Marvel forum and you had this to say --
- Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:58 pm Post subject:
- Ok folks...We will put them in both. Each page should contain a link to the 'mirror' page on the other database. That should make it easier for us to keep the pages aligned. Roygbiv666 17:12, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- See my comment on the DCDP.
- Ha ha ha! This goose-chase between databases is fun! (not)
- --Jamie 20:59, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
I didn't check this thing prior to editing this articel. I hope the changes are still ok.--Peteparker 04:43, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
- Better to have it in two places, rather than none!
- Once all the dust settles with our overhaul, we will need to find a better way of handling this...
- --Jamie 04:45, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
- Well, Access is pretty much unique. Even for a title like "JLA/Avengers", technically 2 issues were published by Marvel, 2 by DC. Therefore - put the Marvel published ones on MDP, and DC's on DCDP. There'd just be links between and made seamless. -- Roygbiv666 19:37, 29 May 2007 (UTC)