The phalanx reported his species as extinct, and then updated their files upon seeing him. That supports the fact that his planet was destroyed.
--Dream Focus 10:56, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
New picture: is that what he normally looks like now?
Concerning this change: Is that what Groot normally looks like? The older image I think is more suiting, unless he now runs around dressed like that with Captain America's shield. Was that a one time thing, or is this his new uniform?
--Dream Focus 22:15, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Although the image is very cool (and I never had seen it before), I actually agree. The new image is kind of ambiguous and doesn't show Groot exclusively. We might need to either zoom that pic for him ('cause it is a really good pic) or revert it back to the old one or another.
- --M1shawhan 22:17, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
- That is his new uniform (sans shield). But I do agree that it's a bit odd. Might try and hunt down a better one.
- --GrnMarvl14 22:57, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
If you want to read the first appearance of Groot please follow the link. http://grantbridgestreet.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/i-challenged-groot-monster-from-planet.html?zx=81bddd866f8635ab.
--Jacknapier10 (talk) 14:09, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
- I wish there was more information on his first appearance. Like why are his powers different in 60s groot to modern groot? Also, why would he capture a town for his homeworld's study if he was exiled? Obviously there are no answers, but it is still strange.
- --Wookieedude12 (talk) 02:54, June 10, 2015 (UTC)
Can we collect the information that comes form before he was a major member of the guardians of the galaxy? What about his first appearance or when he was a howling commando it may not be the same individual but it is still information we should have.
--FossilLord (talk) 23:39, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- In theory that would be Annihilation: Conquest and before?!
- --Getjack (talk) 09:52, October 31, 2015 (UTC)
I've seen some recent comic book covers depicting Groot's body filled with light orbs, and he seemed to do this too in the movie. Is bioluminiscence one of Groot's power and abilities? Should we add that?
--Magegg (talk) 17:09, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
- If I'm not mistaken, they were meant to have a purpose. But they weren't Groot's, they are artificial and were added to him.
- --The ADour-incible ADour (talk) 17:38, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
I am not very knowledgeable about the comics, but from reading this wiki article I could not figure out why he is listed as having a "bad" alignment. Is this because of the symbiote?
--Jbo242 (talk) 04:02, December 20, 2014 (UTC)
Groot can actually talk
I wonder that no one mentions that Groot can actually talk. At least in "Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord" Vol.01-04 I have seen Groot saying more than "I am Groot". He is quite arrogant in his role there.
Fun fact here is that Groot will go back to his line in "Annihilation Conquest" 1-6
--The preceding unsigned comment was added by Getjack (talk • contribs).
The Flashbacks in Groot #6 seem to indicate that the Groot who appeared in Tales to Astonish #13 and rampaged through towns on Earth was NOT the same as the GOTG's Groot. Thoughts?
--Monolith616 (talk) 03:19, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
Should the Groot pages be combined again?
Just saw that GOTG Groot and original Lee/Kirby Groot we’re separated because of the Groot solo, but I think due to the latest development in Infinity Countdown, that should be reevaluated. Infinity Countdown #1 explained that Groot originally had the ability to speak in full sentences, something we see in the original appearance and Annihilation Conquest. It’s also curious that Groot in Giffen’s Howling Commandos is supposed to be the original one yet the one written by Giffen in Annihilation is supposed to be the new one even though the characterization is identical. Also, Groot #6 (which caused the page to split) implied that Groot always said “I am Groot,” which is in direct contradiction with Infinity Countdown #1. So, I’m inclined to believe that what we saw in Groot #6 was a continuity error or the title just doesn’t take place in 616.
--KurtW95 (talk) 23:58, March 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Per Annihilators #1, all the Flora colossi say "I am Groot." The explanation for that being:
- "The mature dendritic form of King Groot's people is robust and heavyweight. Often, the organs of acoustic generation become stiff and inflexible. It may sound as if he is simply repeating his name, but that is simply due to the hardened formation of his larynx."
- --Maximus the Mad in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 #17
- While it's possible that the Groot who appeared in the Nick Fury's Howling Commandos series is the Guardians of the Galaxy's Groot due to the writer being the same one who used him in Annihilation: Conquest, it's very unlikely that he is the Groot who first appeared in Tales to Astonish #13 given that:
- Groot didn't partake in his race's activities (that of attacking other worlds through the cosmos), as seen in Groot #6;
- Groot had been impersonating him, as revealed in the aforementioned Annihilators #1;
- King Groot is currently residing at Monster Isle, as seen in Uncanny X-Men Vol 3 #33;
- Groot still talked in a similar pattern he used to talk while impersonating King Groot after he stopped impersonating him (albeit not villainous-sounding as before), as also seen in Groot #6.
- With that said: no, the pages shouldn't be merged (at least not until a story or handbook confirming they're one and the same is released).
- --TMAO (talk) 02:48, March 13, 2018 (UTC)
- I’m still inclined to believe that they’re the same, but yeah. I’m sure it will be specified in the future, either in story or by the writer or editor on Twitter.
- --KurtW95 (talk) 03:19, March 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Okay. I think today's Infinity Wars #1 is evidence enough that the pages should be combined. When they arrive on Earth, Groot says "Groot returns to Earth! When Groot was first on Earth many years ago... ...Groot promised to march across the surface of the planet and doom all who dared to oppose Groot."
- ----KurtW95 (talk) 15:32, August 1, 2018 (UTC)