This article was expanded from stub with text lifted almost verbatim from wikipedia.org's Latveria article, with minor markup changes to reflect its place here. This is not plagarism as wikipedia content is freely redistributable under the GNU Free Documentation License, which also covers the material here at rhe marveldatabase. More work needs to be done and I'll get on it later. —Clarknova 03:29, 18 October 2005 (Eastern Daylight Time)
I find it odd that in all the Cartoons it's implied that the only human in Latveria is Doom Himself. i don't think any media besides the comics mention there being People living in the country....Neko Vira (talk) 06:25, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Which cartoon has implied he is the only resident?. In the comics their is at least 500,000 people in the country. Jacknapier10 (talk) 09:02, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
- In comics Latveria is depicted as extremely rural and low-tech, with villagers dressed as medieval peasants. The implication is despite the high-tech lifestyle Doom enjoys, his people are no better off than serfs.
- The only other inhabitants of Latveria are Gypsies, whom Doom gives sanctuary as a matter of policy (his mother was Roma).
- It may simply be that animating local flavor is an unwanted production expense. It might also be that Marvel wishes to avoid accusations of racism or stereotyping southern Europeans and Gypsies when broadcasting to a larger audience.
- Let's face it, when it comes to characters from other cultures the cartoons aren't exactly nuanced or subtle. —Clarknova (talk) 20:24, June 8, 2013 (UTC)