I thought this was always the same Bishop of the 616 universe, (1191). Is there really an age of apocalypse version of this character?
Yes and no. The Earth-295 Bishops past is the same as the Earth-1191 Bishops up to Legion Quest. Earth-295 Bishop ceased to exist after the timeline was repaired and Earth-1191 Bishop continued on to this day.--Max 19:54, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
- This is one issue I've always had with alternate universes. If the Earth-616 Bishop is really from Earth-1191, shouldn't the Earth-295 Bishop be from an alternate universe too? For the most part, this little point is ignored when talking about alt universe characters.
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 15:56, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- Is it odd that it seemed to make more sense when I first read it years ago? Does that mean anything? I always thought that Apocalypse taking over years ago (due to the death of Xavier) caused there to never BE a Bishop (at least in our idea of Bishop). There'd be no XSE, no reason to come into the past, no Summers Rebellion. Therefore, the Earth-1191 Bishop was the ONLY Bishop that appeared in the Earth-295 reality. It was because he was a man outside of time, that he was the one that had to fix the time rift in the first place. Am I completely off-base? --M1shawhan 16:18, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- Nevermind, that doesn't account for the trip back in time at the end of the storyline to fix the rift... and meets his other-self. I suppose there ARE 2 different Bishops in the story. --M1shawhan 16:24, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
- So are we merging this page or keeping it as is. I noticed all the appearances were redirected to the original Bishop but this page remains.--Max 06:56, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
- The way I've come to understand Earth-295 is that it and Earth-616 were temporarily merged during the AoA event. That would mean that the 295 Bishop does/did exist, warranting that he get a page. Did the 295 version show up in the later titles showing Earth-295.
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 18:52, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
- No, he ceased to exist but mainstream Bishop ended up getting his memories. Earth-295 Bishop is about 20 years older than mainstream Bishop due to time travel. This guy is dead and lived a life the Earth-1191 Bishop did not. Its sort of like the "Days of Future Past" characters. Thier lives are the same as their Earth-616 counterparts up until Dark Phoenix saga, but we don't classify them as Earth-616 characters. I think we need to go back to treating these Bishop's as seperate characters. --Max 09:56, October 17, 2009 (UTC)