I just recently went over the history of the Scourges of The Underworld after reading about the most recent Scourge in Thunderbolts #37. So far there have been 7 or 8 of them. The first two by far have the longest careers, and four others are better known by other names. Should I try to lump the 3 or four "true" scourge profiles together into a "Scourges of the Underworld" team/organization profile, or do individual character profiles on Scourge I, II, III? Also, I'd pretty much have to leave them as Scourge I, Scourge II, Scourge III, because no real names are given. Anybody else have any thoughs or preferences? -WhyBother 18:59, 15 May 2006 (Eastern Daylight Time)
- We want to try and stay away from Roman numerals, we can always use other factors than names to tell them apart. For instance, I have seen other characters distinguished by Reality, Nationality (or Race), Gender, Team or Alignment. Personally, I think the other Scourges (II -> VIII) should be using their other ids. The first two are best (only) known as Scourges, though, right?
- Other thoughts?
- --Jamie 19:57, 15 May 2006 (Eastern Daylight Time)
- Yes, the ones with other names we can use those, but two of the first three seem to only be known as Scourge II, III. When caught Scourge I claimed to be the brother of the Enforcer (his first victim), and that he became the Scourge to clear the family name. However, even if this jived with the retconned history of the Scourges (that it was an organization formed by the Angel (Thomas Halloway), not a single individual), then that only gives us a last name. Even then, There's some debate over whether the Enforcer himself was Charles L. Delazny Jr., or Carson Collier Jr. Overall a confusing situation from a real name standpoint - WhyBother 21:38, 15 May 2006 (Eastern Daylight Time)
- You make a very solid point. So, I guess we use Roman numerals until we find something better? (We can always move the pages later, it won't be a big problem.) What do you say? --Jamie 01:46, 16 May 2006 (Eastern Daylight Time)
- (Hmm, guess I forgot to hit "save" the first time I typed my response.) That works fine for me. So long as the pages are out there, there's always a chance someone else will have a better idea. For that matter, as long as we have the Scourge disambig page, you can name the individual pages pretty much anything.--WhyBother 12:10, 16 May 2006 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Reforming Scourge pages
Waow, long discussion already there.
For now, the Scourge stories and pages are very unpleasant and confuse to follow. I think we should start with a "Scourge of the Underworld (Earth-616)" team page, including Dominic Dunsinane (Earth-616), the firsts Scourge, without messing with the newest Scourge, out of the organization Undoniel (talk) 17:49, January 28, 2013 (UTC)