Longshot & Cat
Is the part about turning Longshot into a cat true?? I have seen it happen in the Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610), but never in the Mainstream Universe... anyone knows in which issue this happens?? or is it just a confusion? RobertoDaCosta 00:02, October 8, 2011 (UTC)
Professor Scarlet Witch's Sweeping Power Changes
- Are the changes inaccurate?
--Nurdboy42 (talk) 08:14, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if they're inaccurate but it's a lot of the same changes made, and then undone, redone, moved around, moved back, undone again, redone, moved etc. Over and over again multiple times multiple times a day.Marvelous25 (talk) 08:22, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
- What's wrong with the changes? Please let me know. You can change it back if you want to :)
--Professor Scarlet Witch (talk) 14:22, 29 November 2020 (UTC)
Magneto and Polaris as adoptive relations
Since Who Is... The Scarlet Witch Infinity Comic Vol 1 1 presented Magneto (and by extension, Polaris) as "adoptive relatives" should they be added to her family with that qualifier (along with Pietro's, etc)?
Erosead (talk) 19:03, 22 April 2022 (UTC)
- I would only do so if the adoption were formalized in some way. Magneto explicitly reminds Wanda that they are not biologically related just before her "death" at the Hellfire Gala, but she asks him if it's OK for them to pretend to be father and daughter. Basically, two lonely people who know that they are pretending but do so because it fills a need in their lives. TMWNN (talk) 19:06, 22 April 2022 (UTC)
- The major reason I disagree is because I'm unsure how formal other adoptions have been in similar situations. I don't know whether Rogue's adoption was "formal" or not (Mystique and Destiny are listed as "unofficial foster mothers" so probably not). The twin's being taken in by the Maximoff's certainly wasn't formal (though now that they're blood relations as well there's another level that Magneto, post retcon, doesn't have. That being said I don't think anything has ever described him as an adoptive father before, and the visual portrayal of their meeting seemed to imply it took place when the twins were younger than previously suggested. All this me to think he was genuinely their primary caregiver for at least part of their (late) childhood/(early) teenhood--which I think would be at least a minor retcon. I can't imagine it's easy for super villains to officially adopt kids regardless. Erosead (talk) 19:58, 22 April 2022 (UTC)