I don't agree on moving this to X-Men (Dark X-Men) unless we also move Dark Avengers to Avengers (Dark Avengers). Neither is referred to, in continuity, as "Dark" but both are actively referred to by those names in solicitations. The reason the Cabal are at Cabal (Dark Illuminati) is because Dark Illuminati was an unofficial name utilized prior to them actively being called the Cabal (in fact, I don't remember them EVER being referred to as the "Dark Illuminati" in anything official. Though, please, correct me if I'm wrong). But that name was common enough, and works as a qualifier, since there are other groups that have used the Cabal name. --GrnMarvl14 01:23, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
- I can personally see equal reasoning for both names. My own preference though is "Dark X-Men". Mainly since it is more commonly searched on Google and we are (at this time) trying to make that a priority for the pages. The more changes we make to the names, the worse. Other than that though, I can see a reason to make the change. They are claiming to be the X-Men and since they are not officially the true X-Men, they have to be distinguished out -- X-Men (Dark X-Men) (Earth-616). This should also take place for the Avengers though, as you said above, if the change is made. --M1shawhan 02:28, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
- And just to clarify, I'd be fine with a move to Dark X-Men (Earth-616), and would actually be in favor of that move. Because, again, it would add some consistency with the Dark Avengers page.
- --GrnMarvl14 17:30, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, what a completely annoying and redundant page labeling. This should be listed as Dark X-Men (Earth-616), because that's how people are going to refer to them.
- Nausiated 00:07, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Should really add a move tag to the Dark Avengers page as well. If we move one, we need to move the other.
- --GrnMarvl14 02:17, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I understand simplifying the page name, and didn't like these names from the beginning, but they are the most accurate. What do we care about more, accuracy or ease of use?
- I'm removing the move tag until we finally decide. Once we do, who ever puts the tag back up here will put it up on the avengers and the like as well.
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 06:30, January 11, 2011 (UTC)
There a discussion kind of same on the uncanny avengers talk page. In my opinion, the page should be "X-Men (...) (Earth-616)", with in "...", "Osborn", "Dark X-Men" or something like this, but let a "Dark X-Men (Earth-616)" page with a redirecting link, for the research to find this page.Undoniel (talk) 23:19, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
I think this topic should be revisited for the following reason: if the Dark Avengers' page is going to be Dark Avengers (Earth-616), then this too should be Dark X-Men (Earth-616). The Next X-Man (talk) 16:18, March 15, 2014 (UTC)Next X-Man