Before Kull's reign over Valusia circa 18,500 BC, a mystic relic Nergal had empowered, the Hand of Nergal, fell to Earth. Tammuz empowered a counter-talisman known as the Heart of Tammuz to oppose it.
Circa 10,000 BC, when Conan and his friends brought the Heart of Tammuz side by side with the Hand of Nergal, the gigantic figure of intolerable light, dimly manlike in configuration, appeared from the magical amulet and began fighting his counterpart. After his vengeful embrace of all-pervading brightness dissolved Nergal, Tammuz also consumed the senseless, motionless form of Munthassem Khan before leaving.
The Annunaki were worshipped as gods by the Ancient Mesopotamians.
Around 2700 BC, Inanna attempted to add Gilgamesh to her list of sexual conquests. When Gilgamesh rejected her, she had Anu send the Bull of Heaven to attack him, but Gilgamesh slew him. Inanna killed Gilgamesh's friend Enkidu in return. The Bull of Heaven was wed to Inanna's sister Ereshkigal, and his death caused a deep enmity between the two sisters. Soon, when Inanna descended to Ereshkigal's Irkalla, she was trapped within the netherworld realm and could only escape after Tammuz was seized by Ereshkigal's demons and forced to take Inanna's place.
- 4 Appearances of Tammuz (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Tammuz (Earth-616)
- Media Tammuz (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Tammuz (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Tammuz (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Tammuz (Earth-616)
- Tammuz at the Appendix to the Marvel Universe
- Tammuz at the Guide to the Mythological Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #3; Annunaki's entry, Tammuz's paragraph
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; The Annunaki's entry
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #7
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Inanna's entry
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #3; Annunaki's entry, Nergal's paragraph
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #30
|Like this? Let us know!|