Origins and early years
Circa 1,000 AD, Tanaraq joined a team of supernatural and mystically empowered beings consisting of Thor Odinson, a Native American Ghost Rider, Bodolf the Black, an Atlantean princess bearing the Iron Fist, an elderly woman indwelled by the Phoenix Force, and Nehanda the Black Panther. By doing so, Tanaraq was the second of his kind to cross over into the human world.
When Walter Langkowski attempted to flood his body with gamma radiation to become a being similar to the Hulk, his experiment broke though an ancient mystical barrier which was discovered by Tanaraq. The experiment formed a symbiotic relationship between Walter and Tanaraq. Whenever Walter turned into his Sasquatch form, he was actually trading places with Tanaraq. Eventually, Tanaraq was able to take control of his body in this realm. Snowbird realized this and attacked Tanaraq, slaying him, stranding Walter's soul in the Realm of the Beasts until Alpha Flight recovered it.
Powers and Abilities
Tanaraq is an other-dimensional being of incredible strength. He is comparable to Sasquatch at his original sasquatch form while at his peak, his strength level is class 100.
- While Tanaraq was originally stated to be from the Realm of the Beasts, Immortal Hulk #4 revealed he - or at least Walter's Sasquatch form - is connected to the One Below All.
- While with the Avengers (1,000 AD) (Earth-616) he appeared to wear the Eye of Agamotto which would indicate that he was the Sorcerer Supreme at some point in time.
- 9 appearance(s) of Tanaraq (Earth-616)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Tanaraq (Earth-616)
- 5 mentions of Tanaraq (Earth-616)
- 6 image(s) of Tanaraq (Earth-616)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Tanaraq (Earth-616)