Teleportation is the movement of objects or elementary particles from one place to another, more or less instantaneously, without traveling through space. Teleportation in the Marvel Universe is accomplished by a variety of means. One common method is to open a direct portal or wormhole in space and walk through it, appearing at the desired location. Another method is to bodily shift through a wormhole to another dimension with different physical laws, and then shift back out at the new location.
- Nightcrawler has the ability to teleport through a wormhole to the Brimstone Dimension, with a characteristic "BAMF!" noise and puff of sulphur. The entire process occurs so quickly that he is unaware of being in the Brimstone Dimension at all.
- Lila Cheney, who can't teleport less than intergalactic distances, she crosses most of the universe just to go half a mile.
- Magik, who can teleport through both time and space but has to go through the demonic dimension of Limbo to do it. However the increased time or distance can and has distorted the chances of arriving in the right time or space.
- Blink can teleport large groups of people as well as parts of objects. In combat, she specializes in teleporting part of her targets.
- U-Go Girl from X-Force was a teleporter, but she wasn't a very good one - even after a while on the job as a superhero, porting still made her feel ill.
- Gateway is able to create teleportation "gateways" from one location to another. These warp tunnels can traverse both time and space, by whirling his bullroarer over his head.
- Mr. Brownstone had the ability to teleport matter, but only a few grams at a time. Since he worked as a drug dealer, a few grams of heroin teleported straight to the heart is all he needs to incapacitate or kill someone.
- Deadpool over the years has possessed different teleportation technologies which he sometimes uses for combat. Deadpool would ultimately stop using it because "it made it too easy."
- Mjolnir: when Thor rapidly swirls Mjolnir he can channel energies for the purpose of Wormholes through means of a vortex.
- Solo was cybernetically enhanced so he could teleport himself and a certain amount of mass over a great distance.
Magic users are able to open portals anywhere in spacetime, other dimensions, and the rest of the Multiverse. This is done depending on their level of skill and what Spells and Phrases they are using. The Masters of the Mystic Arts utilize a magical device known as a Sling Ring.
A full list of teleporters can be found here.
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #8
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #2
- ↑ X-Men: Messiah Complex - Mutant Files #1
- ↑ Heroic Age: X-Men #1
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #12
- ↑ X-Men: The 198 Files #1
- ↑ Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do #1
- ↑ Deadpool Vol 2 #49
- ↑ Journey into Mystery #123
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #367
- ↑ New X-Men Vol 2 #40
- ↑ Doctor Strange (film)