- Once every solar cycle, a lone visitor comes to this silent, frozen world... to walk upon the ashes of the great city where he was born. The utopia he left in ruins. With cosmic fire in his veins and the blood of a million worlds dripping from his fingers. With all of infinity trembling before him. With death, as ever, his closest companion. Thanos the Destroyer has come home. But Thanos has not come to gloat. Not to revel once more in the destruction of his homeworld, the first in his long list of unholy conquests. No, as always, Thanos, son of Titan, has come home... to remember who he is.
Appearing in 1st story
- Thanos (Main story and flashback)
- Mentor (A'Lars) (Only in flashback)
- Sui-San (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed female Eternal of Titan (Only in flashback)
- Argos (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Cythera (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Eros (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- Argos' parents (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Eternals of Titan (Main story and flashback)
- Green Tail Lizards (First appearance) (Only in flashback) (Unnamed)
- Gods (Invoked) (Only in flashback)
- Saturn (Cameo)
- Titan (Main story and flashback)
- The underground city of the Eternals (Ruins in main story and appears in flashback)
- Heavens (Invoked) (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for 1st story
Thanos returns to his destroyed home on the Saturn moon Titan to visit the grave of his mother, Sui-San.
The story then goes back to the birth of Thanos, where Sui-San tries to kill the diabolically freakish-looking Thanos at first sight. The doctors then sedate his mother at Eternal Mentor's request.
During his school years, Thanos has the reputation of the smartest child in school as well as a pacifist, though he keeps himself isolated due to his appearance and only played with his brother Eros, though soon enough, a group of children approach him and he becomes friends with them despite his appearance. He was also a talented artist and had recurring nightmares about someone trying to kill him at birth, which is revealed to his mother who appears to be imprisoned in a mental institution.
Thanos is then tasked to dissect a lizard, which he runs away from and vomits outside, where he is encountered by a girl who tells him about a cave she visits. Thanos visits the caves with his new friends, where they are trapped by collapsing rocks. After three days of digging out the rocks, Thanos sees that a group of lizards have eaten his friends right down to the bone and he flees. Upon returning to school, he is once again alone due to the circumstances surrounding him being the only survivor. Thanos' present day dialogue says the people of Titan had decided that Thanos had murdered them, starting him on the road to his present day self. The truth is, however, Thanos was convinced by the same girl who showed him the cave, to drop his overly passive nature so he could kill the lizards in revenge for his dead friends.
• What comes after "Marvel NOW!"? Whatever it is, it starts HERE.
• The vile face left movie audiences in shock after last summer's Marvel Studios' "The Avengers" movie, but who is this eerily disturbing villain?
• Thanos rises as the unrivaled rogue of wretchedness in this gripping tale of tragedy, deceit and destiny. Where did this demi-god of death and destruction come from and... more importantly what does he want?
• The answers come from the incredible creative team of Jason Aaron (Wolverine, X-Men Origins) and Simone Bianchi (Wolverine, Astonishing X-Men) as they take you on journey that will not only change the course of one boy's life...
...but will soon change the very nature of the Marvel Universe.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|