- I am Thanos of Titan. I have conquered worlds. I have bent reality around my will. Men cower at the mere mention of my name. And now... now you have imprisoned me... mocked me... disrespected me. And here you stand, ready to take advatange to my condition. Ready to finish me. Well, if I am to fall, I will die showing you all that Thanos will not be disrespected. Thanos is still a conqueror. Thanos is still a warrior. Thanos is still a god. And you will either bow or be broken!
- -- Thanos
Appearing in 1st story
- Unnamed space gulag's staff (Last appearance)
- Lady Death
- Phoenix (Thane) (First appearance as the Phoenix)
- Terrax the Tamer
- Terrax's minions
- Black Order (Corpses)
Races and Species:
- Several unidentified alien races
- Eternal-Luphomoid Hybrids
- Abstract Entities
- Eternal-Inhuman Hybrids
- Cosmic Beings
- Deep Space
- Unnamed galactic gulag (undisclosed location) (Destruction)
- Milky Way
- Outer Rim
- Black Quadrant
- Unnamed moon
- Black Quadrant
- Terrax's warship
Synopsis for 1st story
Thanos rushes into the legion of guards opposing him and begins tearing them apart, saying he will not be imprisoned or disrespected.
Thane, meanwhile, contemplates the Phoenix Egg as Champion threatens to kill him for lying to them. Nebula simply shoots him. Starfox comes running, chased by an angry Terrax. Before a general brawl can erupt, Death notes that in order for the egg to be opened, there must first be death, which Nebula has provided by killing Thane. Thane is resurrected as the Phoenix.
Eslewhere, Thanos has killed all the guards and steals a ship to fly away from the prison, just before it self-destructs. He spends weeks traveling back to his home base in the Black Quadrant, only to find his armies decimated and his fortress destroyed. He turns to face his son Thane, wielding the full power of the Phoenix Force with Death by his side.
Thanos realizes that it was Death who has made him so sick; she says she has chosen Thane as her consort. Thanos warns him not to listen to Death, but Thane says it is too late, and unleashes the Phoenix Force upon him. Thanos is seemingly vaporize, though Death assures Thane is he is not gone for good. Thane will now rule as King Thane, and Thanos will henceforth experience life as a mortal with no power.
• Thanos’ misfortunes come to a head.
• Thane’s plans come to fruition.
• Time for a father-son reunion.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thanos Vol 2 6 on the forums
- Images from Thanos Vol 2 6
|Like this? Let us know!|