Appearing in "'Nam: First Patrol"
- Private First Class Edward Marks (First appearance)
- Sergeant Polkow (First appearance)
- Specialist Kakas (First appearance)
- Private First Class Mike Albergo (First appearance)
- First Sergeant Jim "Top" Tarver (First appearance)
- Việt Cộng (First appearance)
Races and Species:
- Bell UH-1 Iroquois "Huey"
- M113 Armored Personnel Carrier
Synopsis for "'Nam: First Patrol"
Ed Marks experiences a rude awakening in basic training and is then posted to the 4/23 Mechanized Infantry (Tropic Lightning). After a misunderstanding over a bribe with the top sergeant, he is assigned to platoon of Sgt. Polkow and his band of misfits. There he befriends Mike Albergo prior to venturing out on his first patrol.
In the field, they get ambushed by the Việt Cộng in a local village. After the shooting dies down, Ed vomits after seeing his first dead body.
As they walk back to base, they accompany and armored column which falls victim to a booby trap. They are then attacked by a sniper from a hidden bunker, which is part of a wider tunnel system. They clear them out with grenades and request helicopter transportation back to base. Ed finds this difficult as he has issues with flying.
On their return the guys go to watch the movie Major Dundee whilst the rest of the base comes under rocket attack. Ed panics but Mike reassures him that the VC will not hit the movie screen because they like to watch too.
- A second printing exists.