This page may contain spoilers with plot and/or ending details about stories which may not have yet been published or broadcast. Please see our spoiler policy for our rules governing articles about such subjects.
- You must have really looked up to Steve. But I realized something when I met him. The danger with people like him, America's Super Soldiers, is that we put them on pedestals. [...] They become symbols. Icons. Then we start to forget about their flaws. From there, cities fly, innocent people die.
Appearing in "Power Broker"
- Global Repatriation Council (First full appearance)
- Baron Helmut Zemo (Impersonates Officer Menz) (First appearance as Baron Zemo)
- Sharon Carter
- Power Broker (Mentioned)
- Flag Smashers
- Karli Morgenthau
- Diego (Real name first revealed)
- Nico (Unnamed)
- Dovich (Unnamed)
- DeeDee (Unnamed)
- Lennox (Real name first revealed)
- Gigi (Unnamed)
- Selby (Only appearance; dies)
- Dr. Wilfred Nagel (Only appearance; dies)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
- Hydra (Mentioned)
- Winter Soldiers (Mentioned)
- Warden Scholtz (First appearance)
- King T'Chaka (Mentioned)
- Steve Rogers (Mentioned)
- Oeznik (First appearance)
- Yori Nakajima (Mentioned)
- Senator Atwood (Named only)
- Red Skull (Mentioned)
- "Mama Donya" Madani (Only appearance; dies)
- Smiling Tiger (Conrad Mack) (First appearance; photo)
- Sarah Wilson
- Cass (Mentioned)
- CIA (Mentioned)
- Isaiah Bradley (Mentioned)
- Abraham Erskine (Mentioned)
- Lt. Joaquín Torres (Phone)
- Dora Milaje
Races and Species:
- North America
- Wakanda (Mentioned)
- Captain America's Uniform
- Super-Soldier Serum (Mentioned)
- Sokovia Accords (Mentioned)
- Falcon's Wings (Mentioned)
- Kimoyo Beads
Synopsis for "Power Broker"
Sam and Bucky go to a criminal safe haven to find information about the Super Soldier serum.
- The track "Casino Brawl," from Ludwig Göransson's Black Panther score, is played in this episode when Ayo appears, as the track features the Dora Milaje's musical motif.
- Daniel Brühl is now credited as Baron Zemo, to reflect the revelation about his character.
- A tie-in website exploremadripoor.com was released after the episode aired. It's set in-universe and details information about the Madripoor locations visited in the episode, as well as the aftermath of the fight at Buccaneer Bay.
- A new look at Bucky's list of names shows a "Claremont Windsor" crossed out, which could be a reference to both Madripoor co-creator Chris Claremont and artist Barry Windsor-Smith, who both worked on various X-Men comics.
- Sam having to don the identity of a "fashion-forward Black man" that is also a criminal could be a nod to Sam Wilson's comic origin as a stylish street criminal who went by the name "Snap Wilson."
- The Princess Bar is briefly seen as the trio walk around Madripoor. In the comics, the Princess Bar was the bar that Wolverine frequented (and owned, at one point) while in Madripoor.
- While at the German prison, there's a sign behind John Walker with the numbers 322, which could be a reference to Captain America #322, a story involving Captain America fighting Flag-Smasher, which precedes comic issues that involve the introduction of John Walker as the "Super Patriot", Steve Rogers going up against the Power Broker and eventually giving up the mantle of Captain America, and John Walker being named as the successor.
|Sam Wilson / Falcon||Anthony Mackie|
|Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier||Sebastian Stan|
|Baron Zemo||Daniel Brühl|
|Sharon Carter||Emily VanCamp|
|John Walker||Wyatt Russell|
|Karli Morgenthau||Erin Kellyman|
|Joaquín Torres||Danny Ramirez|
|Diego||Tyler Dean Flores|
|Sarah Wilson||Adepero Oduye|
|Mama Donya||Veronica Falcón|
|Base Commander||David Bowles|
|The Bartender||Forrest Conoly|
|Brass Monkey Goon||Giovanni Rodriguez|
|Doctor Wilfred Nagel||Olli Haaskivi|
|The Warden||Michael Maccaculeu|
|Sharon's Bodyguard||Meaghan Gillenwater|
Links and References
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- Perine, Aaron (08 April 2021). Falcon And Winter Soldier: Marvel Launches Madripoor Website. ComicBook.com. Retrieved on 09 April 2021.