- Sorry, but one of the most famous men in the city is really this totally evil crazy serial killer? And you know it. Um, what's the point of even having a paper if you can't tell everyone that?
Appearing in "Thin Air (Part 4 of 5)"
- Jessica Jones and Luke Cage's Unborn Daughter (Dream)
- Matt Murdock (Mentioned)
- Gwen Stacy (Mentioned)
- Elektra (Elektra Natchios) (Mentioned)
- Sheryl Doser
- Norman Osborn's secretary
- Detective Regina Gans (Death)
- Multiple unnamed officers
Races and Species:
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Thin Air (Part 4 of 5)"
At the office of the Daily Bugle, Ben Urich considers a copy of the book Legacy of Evil, a biography of the Green Goblin that he wrote. From the women's bathroom, Jessica Jones calls Luke Cage, admitting that she is unsure why she was called in before describing a dream that she had of their child, daughter. Luke reminds her not to do anything she doesn't want to and hangs up, breaking up a drug deal.
Urich heads for the stairs, climbing to the roof where he meets Spider-Man. The two discuss how Urich managed to deduce that Spider-Man's true identity was Peter Parker, and Parker admits that Norman Osborn is the Green Goblin. Urich questions how Parker can let Osborn walk free, and Peter counters that he can't simply kill Osborn, and he'd be more likely to end up in jail than Norman Osborn. Urich explains that Oscorp employees have begun disappearing, and Parker agrees that if Osborn is simply murdering people, he will have to be stopped by any means.
That night, Urich finds Sheryl Doser and questions her about her conversation with Kidder. He later meets with Jessica, Kat, Jameson and Robertson and explains that OsCorp employees have been disappearing and he can prove that Osborn is the Green Goblin. Despite his fears that running such a story "will look like a cheap vendetta" against Osborn, Jameson agrees to print Urich's article. Jameson instructs Jessica to go with Urich to notife the police, assuring her that she will be safe.
A battalion of NYPD officers arrive at the OsCorp building with Urich, Jessica, and Detective Gans, who demands to speak with Osborn. As they wait, Jessica smells smoke and Urich pulls her to the ground moments before Osborn's office door explodes, revealing Osborn in costume on a Goblin Glider.
- Urich started writing his book on the Green Goblin in Spider-Man: Legacy of Evil #1.
- Urich mentions how Osborn became co-owner of the Daily Bugle with Jameson. This was in Spectacular Spider-Man #249–250.
- Spider-Man mentions Osborn's part in the death of Gwen Stacy (Amazing Spider-Man #121) and Urich recalls how he was stabbed by Elektra (Daredevil #179).
|Like this? Let us know!|