Appearing in "Thunder over Troy"
- High King Agamemmnon of the Argives (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- King Menelaus of Sparta (Main story and flashback)
- Odysseus of Ithaca (Main story and flashback)
- Achilles' troops (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Diomedes of Argos (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Philoctetes (First appearance)
Troy and its allies:
- Prince Aeneas of Dardanus
- Anchises (Mentioned)
- Pandarus of Lycia (Death)
Races and Species:
- Midgard (Earth)
- Chariot of Aeneas
Synopsis for "Thunder over Troy"
While battling some Storm Giants, Thor and Loki discover the crack in the ground that once led to Olympus. This time, strange mists rob Thor of his memory as he and Loki get seperated in the cavern. Once through, he meets Aeneas and finds himself involved in the Trojan War. After his adventures, and a battle with Zeus after regaining his memory, Thor returns to the cavern where he meets Loki. Loki tells him that he had lost his memory as well, but contributed to the war in his own way by telling Odysseus of Ithaca about an astute, leading to the creation of a wooden horse.
Appearing in "A Few Ounces of Troy"
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "A Few Ounces of Troy"
Instead of a letters' page, The Hammer Strikes page features a full page essay on the making of this annual.
- This issue is a tale of a much younger Thor as noted in the story by the text, When the Eternal Realm was Young. However, it does take place after the first meeting of Thor and Hercules in Journey into Mystery Annual #1.
- A plot assist for this annual is noted on page one to Don Thompson and Maggie Thompson.
- The last panel of the story promises that next year's annual will be about the founding of Rome by Aeneas. The essay "A Few Ounces of Troy" by Roy Thomas also indicates that the following year's annual will feature the second meeting of Aeneas and Thor. Yet Thor Annual #9 was a completely different story written by Chris Claremont instead.
|Like this? Let us know!|