Professor Lawrence Zaxton was a jealous colleague of Dr. Donald Blake. When Blake built an android and asked Zaxton to display it at a convention, Zaxton deliberately caused the android to malfunction. Thor removed the android from the scene before it detonated. Zaxton then kidnapped Blake's nurse Jane Foster and blackmailed Blake into helping him perfect his Duplicator machine.
When their work was complete, Blake attempted to become Thor and sneak away, but Professor Zaxton witnessed his transformation and used his device to make an evil Demon Duplicate of Thor. He armed the duplicate with two copies of Thor's hammer Mjolnir and set it after him.
However, Thor eventually realized that because the duplicate was not worthy of the power of Mjolnir, it could not actually harm him, and he destroyed it.
As Thor set after Professor Zaxton, he tried to escape, but he fumbled with his device and fell off a bridge to catch it. Thor let Zaxton's good duplicate carry on with the professor's life.
While the Thor duplicate resembles Thor, he has none of his powers due to be unworthy to wield Mjolnir.
- Mjolnir Replicas: The Demon Duplicate of Thor possessed two hammers similar to Mjolnir in design, but he couldn't wield their powers because they shared the same worthiness enchantments of the original Mjolnir.
- 1 Appearances of Thor Odinson (Demon Duplicate) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Thor Odinson (Demon Duplicate) (Earth-616)
- Media Thor Odinson (Demon Duplicate) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Thor Odinson (Demon Duplicate) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Thor Odinson (Demon Duplicate) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Thor Odinson (Demon Duplicate) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|