Appearing in "The Well at the Edge of the World!"
- The Warriors Three
- The Norns
- Odin (Appears in mystic vision and main story)
- Mangog (Appears in mystic vision and main story)
- unidentified Blackworld monster
- Hela (Appears in a mystic vision only)
- Loki (Appears in a mystic vision only)
- Sif (Appears in mystic vision and main story)
- Silas Grant (First appearance)
- Khan (Deceased) (Appears in a mystic vision only)
- unnamed Asgardians (Deceased)
- unnamed Asgardians
Races and Species:
- normal enthropic universe
- somewhere outside the normal enthropic universe
- Water from the Twilight Well
- Sif's magic sword
- Silas Grant's steamship & lifeboat
Synopsis for "The Well at the Edge of the World!"
Thor is defeated by Kartag, but the Norns intervene and grant Thor his request of water from the Twilight Well. They command Kartag to accompany the Asgardians back to fight Mangog. They arrive just in time, as Mangog is about to kill Odin. Meanwhile, Sif and Hildegarde fight off a monster on Blackworld before meeting Silas Grant, a native who promises to tell them who is responsible of the mysterious changes all around them.
(Mislabeled as THOR #196:) Who could possibly smash Thor, Odin, and all the hosts of Asgard? No one but - Mangog! With a climax that'll stun you!
- Thor's image on this cover is recycled (flipped and a smile added to his face) and used for marketing and later cover image logos such as this one.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#814-Z.
- This issue contains a letters page, The Hammer Strikes. Letters are published from Virginia Seagate, Alfred Massi, and Jeff Freun.
- The Bifrost is shown "dissolved" this issue, but appears intact in Thor #199. Since Odin was extremely weakened and near death,,, I wonder who had the power and time to repair the Rainbow Bridge? (Thor was also preopccupied with his father's death and the coming of Hela for the All-Father.)
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 1 197 on the forums
- Images from Thor Vol 1 197
|Like this? Let us know!|