The Mighty Thor
Appearing in "If This Be Death..!"
Synopsis for "If This Be Death..!"
Thor reckons with the aftermath of Odin’s fight with Mangog, and his apparent comatose state, trapped between moments of time. Hela appears to claim Odin’s soul, yet Thor refuses to yield him to her. But she says if she doesn’t claim him, then Pluto will, and his realm is far worse than Hela’s. Sure enough Pluto arrives and demands Odin’s soul. Hela and Thor agree to join forces against him.
Elsewhere, on Blackworld, Sif, Hildegard, and Tana Nile flee a giant monster, an agent of Ego the Living Planet called Ego Prime, who is hyper-evolving the planet.
Hela fights Pluto furiously while Thor and Balder squash his demonic minions. Balder falls in battle but is revived by Karnilla. The Warriors Three join the battle as well, with Volstagg uncharacteristically taking the lead. Stymied in his battle against Hela, Pluto summons forth more underworld demons, which overwhelm her and force her to teleport away.
Thor continues the battle with Pluto. Pluto eventually gets the upper hand and raises his axe to deliver the deathblow.
The legions of Pluto battle the hordes of Hela - for the soul of all-father Odin! And Thor must choose between them! Suspense without equal!
- It is noted that Volstagg has been acting strangely (i.e. more valiantly) since his exposure to the waters from the Twilight Well. He leads the Warriors Three into a foray against Pluto's Trolls. Easily, the first recorded time he has led an assault and not "protected the rear", which is his most common strategy.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#849-Z.
- This issue features a letters page, The Hammer Strikes. Letters are published from Ralph Moreau, Grey Puryear, and Wayne Foskey.
- The letters page also contains a Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 1 199 on the forums
- Images from Thor Vol 1 199
|Like this? Let us know!|