- They made a fool of me, Balder. They laughed at me. Everybody laughs at Skurge. Hela, Mordonna, even the Enchantress I love. They all laugh at me. Except you. Balder is too kind to laugh at Skurge. But whenever they laugh, I hurt inside. Maybe I die a little. Now I think I am dead already. And my axe was destroyed with Naglfar. So I will stay behind and the last laugh will be mine. ... I will hold the bridge myself.
- -- Executioner
Appearing in "Like a Bat Out of Hel!"
Synopsis for "Like a Bat Out of Hel!"
As Thor and his group are making their way out of Hel, they come across Naglfar. when Hela attacks them and Mordonna stands revealed, an enraged Skurge destroys the ship with his Bloodaxe. As the group race for the Helgate, the demons of Hel rise up to stop them. The Einherjar used the M-16 rifles given to them by the mortals and drive the demons back. Hela calls forth all the dead that have been slain. The Einherjar force their way through and make for Gjallerbru. Thor plans to hold the demon horde while the others escape, but he is struck from behind by Skurge. Skurge tells Balder that he has no reason to return, so he will hold the bridge. Skurge keeps his word and not one demon sets foot upon the bridge. Bitter, Thor defeats Garm easily and the way is clear.
- And though the Executioner stands alone, and the warriors of Hel seem numberless, not one sets foot upon the bridge across the river Gjoll. They sing no songs in Hel... nor do they celebrate heroes... for silent is that dismal realm and cheerless... but the story of the Gjallerbru and the god who defended it is whispered across the Nine Worlds. And when a new arrival asks about the one to whom even Hela bows her head... the answer is always the same... he stood alone at Gjallerbru... and that answer is enough.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 1 362 on the forums
- 4 Image(s) from Thor Vol 1 362
- 2 Reprints of Thor Vol 1 362
|Like this? Let us know!|