Appearing in "Whom the Destroyer Would Destroy"
Synopsis for "Whom the Destroyer Would Destroy"
Thor and Jane talk to Don, and try to convince him that years have passed, but to no avail. Jane accepts an offer from the High Evolutionary to teach the Animutants, while Thor takes Don back to the United States. There, he’s finally convinced that it really has been years and he’s angry at Thor for stealing his life. In Hel, Hela pulls Lorelei’s spirit from the Destroyer, and places Garm's inside, then sends it after Thor. The Destroyer beats Thor soundly and claims Mjolnir for his own.
- The cover art is "AFTER Jack Kirby" and is a homage to the cover of Journey into Mystery #118 (July 1965).
- The title is presumably designed to evoke the quotation "Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.", spoken by Prometheus in Longfellow's poem The Masque of Pandora.
Links and References
- Thor (Marvel Comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Thor at Marvel.com
- Thor site at Marvel.com
- The Immortal Thor of Asgard
- The Thor Message Board
- Thor at The Complete Marvel Reading Order
|Like this? Let us know!|